New to your board, and I have Timing belt question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ferguson

I have been reading you guys earlier posts for about 4 hours and have decided this would be the best place to ask my question.

Let me first start by mentioning that I am completely capable of most any wrenchin' thrown my way. I build HDs for hobby ....blah blah blah..... Just didn't want ya'll to think I'm a "Blinker Fluid" poster.

I am getting a 94' LS400 for FREE next week.............Problem is the Timing belt broke on the previous owners.. I ass*u*me this was while it was going down the road.

Information given to me is,..... They went ahead and put a new belt on and stuff and then it wouldn't run. The mechanic that worked on it said it had NO compression on any Cylinder..

Yes I know how stupid they were to do all that work for the belt with out checking some outer things like compression first, but shops are in it for the money.

Questions:
1. What is the worst thing that could have happened to this engine...
2. Is that enough to make not even 1 hole not have compression?
3. Any chance this is just a head replacement problems?
4. Any one got an engne sitting around?
5 Even at FREE.. Is this worth messin' with?:feedback:

Thanks in advance, Sorry so long

Thanks again Fergie

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
The 1UZ is a non-interference engine. As such bustin the belt whilst runnin won't hurt.

The plugs are along way down the heads. Sure they used a compression gauge and are you sure they actually screwed it into the head?

There's no reason for it not to have compression.

I think you will find the belt is not on correctly and the cams are way out of time.

There is a good tutorial on fitting a new belt on Planet Soarer at http://planetsoarer.com/cambelt/cambelt.htm

I think we may be thinking alike... Johnny red rag the METH mechanic, probably made a mistake.

"Mechainc" .:261: .(and I quote)..them damn valves are probably put plumb through those dang pistons, there ain't no compression in that there motor.

My response: Witch hole?

"Mechanic".. Not one of 'em:dunce:

I was hoping that he just may not have timed the cams properly...then it would be a relitive easy fix....2 days+very little money= happy wife:smileysex

i agree with zuffen , its very difficult for the engine to suffer if the timing belt breaks , check that they actually put on right, and also check the cam positioning sensor , maybe the belt rip one off when it broke

Thanks for the input. I hope to get my hands on it in the next few weeks. If all goes well iI hope to be a regular here and be able to contribute. Wrong place and time, But if you have any harley questions....I'll do my best for ya.