New to the 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GreenChevelleSS

Just bought me a 1992 SC400, bone stock except has 18" wheels on it. I just traded up, this is my daily driver that is replacing my 1992 geo storm. Problem im having is my geo storm smoked the SC, but I must admit my storm put down close to 250hp at the wheels and weighs near 2100lbs and got 22mpg everyday driving.
What mods is there to do in getting this thing to go a little faster. I was considering getting the stall convertor, but still unsure what to do. Procharger is tempting as well but thats alot of money to dish out for a daily driver. I cant even get the thing to turn the tires over from a dead stop launch.

Let me know what you think

100_6231.jpg

The car looks good. Wish I had the 1UZ as of now:D
Why don't you consider getting some headers, exhaust and performance intake. They're the best upgrades for the money and will you give you great power and all around performance. For any car. Then later, some suspension upgrades, tires wheels, then Turbo/supercharge it up. Your sound system should be sufficient right? It IS a Lexus. Just my 0.02 cents.

a Standard 1uz sc400 isn't a car you buy just to "smoke" other cars on the road, they are a well built,well engineered, comfortable, good round car to drive et, etc

If you want to start smoking cars, do some mod's..... plenty of people on here and posts to help ya

best bang/buck is a 120-150 shot of N20. Forum member Jibby proved that its reliable with the right supporting mods. Runner up is procharger/vortech/Paxton and the trick to keeping this setup cheap is to source a used head unit off craigslist/ebay for between $500-$1000. Supercharged can be done for $1500, N20 is around $500-$1000 depending on setup, turbo can be had for cheap if you are a competent/willing fabricator.

hope this helps.

I would love to nitrous or procharge it, Problem is I get greedy and add more boost, and more and more, until its boom and then im done with the car. The geo I DD before the SC had a 10:1 1.6L engine, by the time I was done the car ran 13s with no weight reduction, had full system, interior, AC and PS. eventually 15psi boost killed the bearings and the headgasket.

So that said. I want to go the procharged route the most, even tho I have everything to run nitrous wet or dry with a full bottle...I should save it for the chevelle.