New to Lextreme, but not toyotas!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

madmaxman1986

Hello everybody!

I've read your forum and site for years and I finally bought a SC300 a few months ago, so i figured I should join.
However... I BOUGHT A TURD.

Before you shun me, I'll explain.
The previous owner neglected every mechanical problem that arose, passing it off to me for $1000 in hard-earned cash. I drove it 5 miles down the road and the dash lit up like a gut-wrenching christmas tree. I towed it the next day since it was dumping gas-smelling oil faster than I could fill it, If i was actully stupid enough to try and drive it.

Turned out to be dumping fuel (BAD ECU-$100) which dried up and shrunk the cam seals, crank seal AND valve stem seals! $400 and 30 hours later I had a partially rebuild top end complete with new timing belt, cap, rotor, plugs and o2 sensors.

I drove it for less than a month and blew the head gasket.

Thats right, I could have done it while I was in there, but I didn't have the $700 for the head job.

It was probably my fault, honestly. I didn't let it warm up long enough one day when it was -28F actual outside temp (In MN) and that's when it let go. And yes, the head was slightly warped, but within spec. And yes, I did remove it correctly, as per toyota manual instructions.

Anyway...I was thinking about putting a 1UZ in my 944 but i'd lke to play around with the motor while it's out. I was thinking...GE conversion? Give it that performance valve angle insted of the FE luxury variaton. 1UZGTE even has a nice ring to it, but i think I'd like to use ITBs, dual valve spring and hi-comp pistons. I think with a lightweight, balanced rotating assembly, ARP studs and those bulletproof toyota mains and crank I could rev that sucker to 8,000 pretty safely.

Well, I just thought I'd introduce myself and run my ideas by you guys, thanks for reading. Opinions and CONSTUCTIVE:D criticism welcome.

-Cale

Cale, with a nickname of Madmaxman, you'd better be thinking a big 6-71 with a bugcatcher for your UZ.

Anyway, welcome to Lextreme & good luck whichever way your project takes you.

Hehe you have some big plans but that's a lot of money. I would just grab a 1UZ and toss it and the transmission in a 944 and go have some fun!

Welcome to the 1UZ source!