New spark plug wires?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redelman

Been working on my new, 1 month old, 1994 SC400. Replaced trans fluid (T-IV), oil & filter (Valvoline max life syn. & K & N), diff. oil, installed RMM Sport intake. Next weekend - new plugs (Bosch platinum +4), OEM distributer caps & rotors). My question - 10 yr old plug wires look discolored, recommend upgrade to what? Should I use OEM wires ($200)?

Thanks Lex, will do. Drove my SC400 about 60 miles today. Noticeable improvement in performance with new fluids. Car was dealer serviced the first 140,000 miles. Read thru printout & can't find new wires installed. Next weekend work should yield more performance. Then on to the exhaust system.

I got all the NGK Platinum plugs in. Right side rotor, cap & wires installed. I clean as I go. Torqued the valve cover bolts. Rt. side rotor plastic around tip was cracked on old Denso. #7 & 8 plug wire broke off from inside old boot. Too old. The 4 thin seals around the rt. side plug cylinders are coming up. There is trace oil sitting around which I cleaned. Left side is seated completely , totally dry. Should I just check every 500 mi. I plan to pull the heads, have them ported and add custom headers at my uncles shop in IN. He builds WWII airplanes, antique cars & hot rods. Finishing the tune up this week. Got dark & cold, need a garage.

After reconnecting the battery, the ECU defaults back to factory settings. After warming the engine I shifted thru from low to park a couple times stopping on each gear a few seconds. I switch traction control off and ECT power on. I then take my Lexus out for 3 or 4 quick acceleration runs of 0-60mph. The ECU constantly moniters rpm, speed, air/fuel mixture, shift speed, etc. So, by starting the ECU off with my aggressive driving habits (within the law), the car responds quicker to my driving inputs. Lex, I could be wrong, I'm not an expert in the inner workings of the ECU electronics. I do know, though, that all the fault codes are errased after resetting the ECU. Also, when one defragements a computer, the files that can be moved are repositioned in a way so that the computer can access different areas in a more efficient way. Thus, speeding up the time between input and response.

You wouldnt happen to know what the ohm rating is supposed to be on the ignition leads? I have a problem with my 1UZFE, which i may add only occured yesterday, and it seems like its miss firing on one cyl only. Im picking its a lead. I havnt had time overnight to check connections etc but will do on the weekend, would be nice to eleminate all the possibilities. the leads are old, as in orginal from "92" bad i know.........