Spark Plug wires

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SC400TT

Gang: I know our illustrious Lextreme discussed the many benefits of the Nology wires. So my post is not to discuss them again, but it is to discuss the Lexus OEM spark plug wires...It is my understanding that they are of extreme quality, and that they put out quite a bit of spark even though they are not nearly as stout as the Nology's...As you all are aware, I am soon to finish up on my Twin Turbo SC400, and as I make the final tweaks, I want to ask for opinions and experience from those of you that have used the stock wires under extreme conditions of power and boost. Your comments are most appreciated.

Ryan

I use genuine wires (we call them leads) as the fit beautifully and work awesome. I now keep a set in stock as I sell them that often and have only a small workshop. (seven 1uz's in my shop at the moment and counting) Cheers

Regardless what type of wires, but I think you might run out of ignition at high rpm. Now the build longblock will be able to take at least 800-900 hp as well as your supporting componants. There are few guys installed MSD 6AL units into the 1uzfe. Increasing ignition in high power area will definitely help.

I still like the idea of an Autronic SM4 ECU, multiplexer (so no wasted spark) and Okada COP's (intregal ignitors and coils).
I now have new distributor caps and rotors, ignitors and ignition coils looking for a home. I am going with the COP's.

Lex,
Sent you an E-mail with the files and addresses. Okada is expensive, about $150.00 each. The multiplexer should be less than $250.00.

I will be using the SM4, but was not planning to go to multiplexor and COP's. WHy would I want to consider changing this out for a powerful street car?

Also, I was using Iridium spark plugs for the stock NA application. I hear colder plugs should be used for boosted applications. Can anyone speak up about the details of changing to a colder plug, and their experiences with this?

Thanks,

Ryan

SC400TT,
What ignition do you plan to use with your TT engine? I know Ray Hall thinks that the stock 1UZ distributors are fine to use with the SM4. I believe that the SM4, multiplexer and Okada combination will be very well suited for my TT application. I do plan to have only 500 RWHP though.