New Rubber Bushings for Control Arms !!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

I've found a source that has new rubber bushings for the lower control arms for the SC400. These bushing have metal shells outside of the rubber. Therefore, I'm wondering how I could press out the old metal shells from the old control arms. I've already replaced the old bushings with Daizens made of polyurethane but they squeak sometimes, so I'm looking to go with the rubber ones. The Daizens bushings only required to burn the old rubber, but not needed to press out the old metal shells. Could anyone give some ideas how to press out the old metal shells? They're so thin.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

yardbuzzard said:
Cant answer the question but have a question myself
Might I ask where you got the bushings and cost? I need them for my ls.
thanks
I just decided to keep the Daizen bushings that are currently on my car, even though they're a little squeaky, and not to change out to these bushings anymore. I'm getting too lazy to crawl under the car to change out the bushings. So if you want them, let me know.

That's true you can get them from Vlamos. But my bushings will be a lot cheaper.

Attachments

• lowermanifold1.jpg
    lowermanifold1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10
  • lowermanifold.jpg
    lowermanifold.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 10
not to say those bushings are not good..... but damn the Vlamos ones appear to be so much more solid and well made........... i sold mine before i installed them since it seems the control arms were replaced but i tell you............ they were unbelievably solidly made..........
Dan

YZFR1 said:
not to say those bushings are not good..... but damn the Vlamos ones appear to be so much more solid and well made........... i sold mine before i installed them since it seems the control arms were replaced but i tell you............ they were unbelievably solidly made..........
Dan
My bushings look just a litle dusty, and some rubber residue are untrimmed around the mouths. That's why they don't look as clean as the Vlamos. If being trimmed, they'll look alot better. To me, they look just as stock. But who cares, they're to be under the car anyway.

Glenn Bishell said:
How many sets of bushes are required, is one set required for each side and what sought of mechanical costs to replace them?

Mine need replacing
There're 2 bushings for each control arm, 1 larger and 1 smaller. There's 1 upper control arm and 1 lower control arm for each wheel corner. You might not have to replace the upper bushings (they last a lot longer than the lower bushings), but you might have to replace the lower bushings, which total for 4 bushings per front or rear. As you look at my bushing set in my picture, there're 4 pieces total, so that mean you have to replace all front or rear at the same time.