New Lexus LF-A setting records at the "Ring"

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

John, I've got to concede that the car really looks good in motion - in fact from the blurry videos, it looks like a Supra to me. It's only when it's stopped and the picture is clear that it looks ugly again (IMO)

If they'd just clean up some of its lines to make it look "sculpted" instead of "axed", give it a nice curvy rear, instead of that chopped off tail (the 928 had a nice curvy rear, in spite of being chopped off - why can't Toyota do something like that?), and dump those gay tailpipes, they'd really have something. Why three exhausts anyway? What's the logic there; does 10/3 equal anything? Toyota has always been about function with form, but these tailpipes just look to be a frivolous styling exercise.

The front is styled better than the GT-R, and they've shown better taste than the Nissan guys with their choice of wheels for it. But of course, this car will probably sticker out at double the price of the GT-R, so Toyota may find itself priced out of the market again, just as it did with the MKIV Supra.

Perhaps they're counting on the Lexus marque to carry it upmarket and make it more palatable to someone who has $150K burning a hole in his pocket and doesn't want to blow it on "just" a Toyota. I think if I had $150K burning a hole in my pocket, I'd be looking at an already depreciated (used) low mileage German or Italian exotic.

I really wish people would get off the "new supra" thing, it seems people have been waiting for a new supra so long, with the random new concept of a supra every few years that once toyota makes any new sports car everyone just assumes its the new supra they have so egerly waited for.

Jake, the Supra is/was the flagship of Toyota and everybody misses it. What if Chevy quit making the 'vette? Then five years later a lightweight, 2 seater, highpowered sports car started circulating around with a Buick badge on it? Wouldn't people be wondering if it was a 'vette, but being packaged and presented differently?

To me, if it walks, talks, looks, and sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck, unless it came out of a swan, like this LF-A did.

Damn, that sounds freakin awesome!!! I wonder if the road going version will sound like that?