new kid with hopes of 5 speed LS!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zokustyle

name's dustin, i'm from washington state, USA, and i have a 90 LS400. i already have an AE corolla that i've been using as a track car for drifting, but i've been wanting something more unique with more power. alas, i'll be converting my LS to 5 speed, in hopes to have a 5 speed LS for drifting! it's months of research in, and i still haven't bought anything yet. hopefully will be getting it going soon. last thing i have left to figure out is a pedal and cylinder setup. anyone know what is possible?

2190882473_7b8e37137e_o.jpg

2191668096_8884d1ce77_o.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you . There have been a few people in austrailia with 5 speed conversions on their celsiors. And some people on the board are developing a kit to bolt up the gm 6 speed trannies. It's gonna take alot of custom work.

I'm in the same boat as you . There have been a few people in austrailia with 5 speed conversions on their celsiors. And some people on the board are developing a kit to bolt up the gm 6 speed trannies. It's gonna take alot of custom work.

Thor Racing in the UK have developed a kit to mate a 1UZFE to a TKo 6 speed box. It looks like a lovely piece of kit and will be on my shopping list in a couple of years time.

Cheers,

Tony

Thor Racing in the UK have developed a kit to mate a 1UZFE to a TKo 6 speed box. It looks like a lovely piece of kit and will be on my shopping list in a couple of years time.

Cheers,

Tony
i can't find such a thing as a 6 speed TKO, only ones i've seen are 5 speeds, otherwise it's the T56 you're referring to, and those gearboxes cost almost as much as the MkIV Supra Getrag 6-speed which outclass them by a margin

i can't find such a thing as a 6 speed TKO, only ones i've seen are 5 speeds, otherwise it's the T56 you're referring to, and those gearboxes cost almost as much as the MkIV Supra Getrag 6-speed which outclass them by a margin

Its a tko 600 I was talking about but which I got confused with the six speed T56. The kit costs £400 btw.

Whats the torque limit on the Mk4 Supra Getrang box, guys in the Cobra fraternity have tried earlier Supra boxes mating them to 350 chevy and the like but the torque greanades the internals. Hence the demand for expensive, rock-crushing gearboxes over here.

Cheers,

Tony

if its going to be a competition drift car, you'll have the interior gutted and caged, and there'll only be one (or two seats) right?
id make custom seat bracket/s to sit back further and low, then drop and lengthen the column, and install a floor mounted pedal box (tilton/wilwood etc). i amagine you're going to have to do a fair bit of modification to build a drift-LS, so this stuff shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Well how about the R154 tranny swap using parts from an SC300 like clutch, peddles, etc.....It works on the SC400's so why not on the LS400's?

Just trying to give you guys some ideas...

Ps. You guys can drift in the rain up there? Washington is truely a wet State..Just visited Spokan (did I spell that right?) What a hick town... White bread city for sure...Just my kinda place....:fing02:

Supposedly there have been a few celsiors with swaps in austrailia but i haven't seen pics of one yet. And someone on the board had their s14 nissans manual tranny bolt up with an adapter plate/

Attachments

• 1uz-covers.jpg
    1uz-covers.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Tranny is the least of his worries...

thats gonna be a TON of custom work to make it work. It would be very interesting to see once its done...good luck

any plans for power adders (turbos, superchargers?)

I'm sure Dellow Aust will do the Bellhousing..
The brake pedal would need shortening. As said a Wilwood pedal box..
Or strengthen firewall, drill holes for master cylinder and attachment bolts and your nearly done..

hey all...
im doing this too..

yous might have heard about me.. dont come on here much tho

ill be putting mine in in the next few weeks.. hopefully.
i have a supra r154 box with a twin plate clutch(not sure brand or specs) manual flywheel n bellhousing all to suit....

got a hand brake lever out of a soarer to replace the foot brake, its the same colour so should match nice..

im making mine a stock looking as its a street car not fullly track...

only thing im slightly worried/ thinking about it the clutch pedal and cylinders, i have the master n slave n all that, just not sure if i should go inside or try squeeze them in the engine bay??

woot
talk to yas all soon