New Intake Mani Design anyone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
Has anyone fabed a new intake manifold for there 1UZ? I took apart mine and it looks so restrictive for FI use. The long loopy runners are great for NA i guess, to get nice low end torque,but for an FI setup, wouldnt a strait down style runner be better? I Was first thinking to make a whole new manifold but that would be alot of work, so what about re doing just the bottom part, making runners that go strait down into the chamber? What do you guys think?

I'm working on one. I'm not afraid to say I'm copying, but hopefully I'm copying from some of
the best, Cosworth.
It's based on 2 Sierra Cosworth intakes, but with a new part against the heads to make it fit.

I'm almost done with the design. We'll see how it goes.

Here's a few pics of one we started a while ago. I'll try and find some more recent pics.

P5230036-copy.jpg

P5230037-copy.jpg

Is your motor going to be NA? My idea was to run the intake runners straght down into the camber insted of crossing over but my motor was going to be FI.

We won't be using this intake, we just made it for fun. Our motor will be FI and the intake we will be using has new runners (slight bend) going upwards into two plenums.