new guy looking for (HP) 2001 ls430

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jcsmith79

I havent fond much out there for my car in the way of performance. Are there any super chargers, other than the TOMS one its like 6k to rich for my blood. ecu's , power programers , anything i can bolt on not interested in doing an engine rebuild yet. any info would be helpfull :scratchchin:

I would suggest the S&S Headers. They are a bolt on mod that will noticably increase horsepower and torque with very little change in sound. Expect a solid 20hp and 30tq at the engine if not more. $600+ installation.

The other mod would be a Precision Industries or Lextreme torque converter. I understand that the GS430s often get a check engine light on the standard higher stall of 2800rpm that Precision builds for the Lexus V8s. They can easily change that to 2500rpm which seems to be fine with the check engine light.

Depending on you tolerance for sound you would next look to the rear mufflers. I do not know how much gain you would get... probably a max of 10hp if you use the headers otherwise less with of course a noticable increase in noise.

To determine your tolerance I recommend simply unbolting the 2 final mufflers from the stock exhaust. I ran my 99 LS400 this way for quite some time. That said the LS430 has straight through resonators where the LS400 has actual center mufflers. A final muffler removal will likely be louder on your 430 than it was on my 400. Worth a test as it is only a 10 minute job to remove and they are just as easy to re-install.

i take it these are shorty's,for low end grunt,can you get them in ceramic coating if not should i wrap them. I would like to get a high flow cat, and a after cat system any suggestions of a good stainless setup. I've seen the torque converters on a couple of sites but I haven't seen any info from people who have them don't know if it's worth it...

i take it these are shorty's,for low end grunt,can you get them in ceramic coating if not should i wrap them. I would like to get a high flow cat, and a after cat system any suggestions of a good stainless setup. I've seen the torque converters on a couple of sites but I haven't seen any info from people who have them don't know if it's worth it...

Actually, these shorty style headers help power all the way from 2000rpm to redline. The 430 engines have especially poor exhaust manifolds. The S&S headers are already ceramic coated.

The 430 engines actually have very high flowing catalysts. It is definitely not worth changing them. Keep stock.

The reast of the LS430 exhaust is superior to the LS400 system and the only part I would change would be the mentioned final 2 mufflers. That is a judgement call as the noise would increase.

There is no question the torque converter will launch your car much better. I would not get more than a 2500rpm stall.

Attachments

• CHECKCONNECTORS.jpg
    CHECKCONNECTORS.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 17
  • CHECK CONNECTORS.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
also look at srt intake/ecu combos. They make them for the gs, i'm not sure on ls, but the dyno's show huge gains for little dough.

thats a pretty sweet looking set of headers. i've heard that it's good to wrap headers, for more hp. got any views on this

Wrap can have a small impact but will overheat the metal and cause fatigue and early failure. For racing... ok. For long term... not recommended.

BTW, do not use the supplied gaskets or bolts. Buy factory manifolds and nuts.

Here is a more direct link.

http://www.headermania.com/mm5/merc...Code=H&Product_Code=5520H&Category_Code=LEXUS

5520H.jpg

A roots type blower would be nice, but there is no current pre fabbed manifold for a supercharger on a 3uzfe. Richwood has told me there will be a manifold on the market "soon", but not yet. Tom's kit is 11 grand. A custom intake manifold will give some gains, but like everything else for the 3UZ, is not readily available and there for has to be custom made... $$$$

this is where we come in ,if eaton or any company isn't making a product we need ,start sending emails requesting info the more they get the sooner we will have a product

custom intake /ecu

has anyone custom made a true cold air intake for a ls430 the stock unit sits on top of the rad and without taking a bunch of parts off i dont know of another location to bring the air in. im not interested in getting a intake system that pulls hot air from the engine bay, and so far thats all i can find on the net. also are there any reputable locations to send a stock ecu to get it reprogramed