new canadian guy here

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mx420

hey everyone, ill be getting a 99 GS400 in a couple weeks now. ive owned 4 civics (im 22) so far, so this will be quite a change for me. im 6'4 about 215 so i dunno how i fit in those things... but i managed lol.

Before you go talkin crap about the civics ill fill u in a bit on where im coming from. my first car was a 1990 cx hatchback with a b16a2, gutted. ran 14.17@99mph at the track. FUN car, looked stock, i even had the light 13inch rims on it :D, 2 1/4 inch ehaust and muffler, so the only thing that gave it away wer the tires.

2nd car was a 93 hatch with the same motor, gsr tranny (little longer gears) so it wasnt as quick in the 1/4mile (14.55@96mph), got rid of that in a couple months and got..

my 1990 CRX with a b18c1(gsr) that made 157whp. to u guys that probably doesnt sound like a lot, but with a car that weighs 1900lbs, it went down the track doing 13.78@104mph. most fun i ever had, i was beating brand new gt mustangs, g35s, 350zs, even pulled an STI on a highway run... and many many other cars. because i was a smart 19, 20 yr old i left the cold air intake on the car during the winter. needless to say a bunch of salt and sand found its way into the motor and destroyed my piston rings (im not a mechanic, but im guessing thats wat happend) i was havin to top up oil every 1000km... with 4ls each time!! hahahaha even with black smoke pooring out my exhaust i was still beating all the cars listed above. (not to sound cocky but i was decent at shifting, i realized how much a split 2nd in each shift actually effects ur 1/4mile time... im glad i took my cars to the track) so shifting had a big part in that.

i wont even talk about my current civic cause its stock and it sucks.

anyway this alrdy a lot longer then i expected it to be hahaha so ill get to ... well the rest

as i said iwas getting a 1999 GS400, shes got 150kms on her, 1 owner, lady driven so i think its a good buy. person is askin 11k cnd, and ill probably talk her down a bit. ive looked around the net for awhile (i never thought id be getting a lexus, they wer always out of my price range and there wer cars that, at the time, i thought wer better buys for the same thing) and i found out about this site through other lexus sites... was said to be the "modding" site of lexus forums, which FINALY brings me to my questions hahaha

i have done some searches but havent found out everything i wanted yet.

i wont be able to afford much in terms of mods right away, i mean the 300 hp is gona tide me over for the most part, ill just have to get use to the auto.

1. from wat ive read the gs400 runs a 14.7 stock?? so.. is that true?, its hard to find a straight number, everywhere i look its a little different.

2. ive seen a couple vids of gs400s with the borla exhaust and an "x" pipe? sounds sick, i definetly want somthing like that. they advertise 7 - 15% more power with JUST the borla catback... can i assume thats a typical advertisement? how much power could i expect to get from the exhaust and the x pipe... thats it. ive seen the borla for about 650$, so how much would a place charge... or how much should* they charge to make an x pipe, cause from wat ive read it has to be custom.

thx in advance and i look forward to joining the community

What's up MX420... The GS400 should be a big step up in Luxury and interior space from the Civic's you've owned...You should be happy... Just brace yourself at the gas pumps it's going to be rough after driving and gasing up Honda Civic's over the years.......