Need sump clearance under a 2UZ for a big differential...ideas?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

devinsixtyseven

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to either move, or remove, the two-part sump on the 2UZFE in my truck...the sump is in the front, and it's also in the way of shoehorning a larger center differential under the block.

I've been looking around...seems like there are some beautiful dry sump setups that you guys have built for the 1UZ...but I dunno that I want to get in to a dry sump, after hearing about the expense. Also, this truck is driven on the road, the trail, will likely be airborne now and then, driven over big rocks, negotiating the odd 45* sidehill (hopefully not often!), up and down very steep climbs (45* is certainly not unusual), romped through deep & dirty puddles, -30F to 110F...the works...so I'm not sure if a dry sump would even be appropriate since I've read comments about race/track-only applications. Are they fragile, or just expensive?

So it looks like there are other options for wet sumps...

Lex posted this SC400 rear sump on a 2UZFE...what's the depth of that sump, at the front? It looks like from this view that the upper section of the sump could be trimmed and plated in front for more clearance under the block, is that true or would it potentially block oil from moving back toward the sump?

Also found a couple pictures in this thread of a dry sump design...very low profile, but looks expensive ;).

This sump looks very close to what I need...AUS? Website? I didn't have much luck searching on Google ;).

Will I need scavenging pumps at all, if I leave it similar to stock? I noticed two ports on Lex's SC400 pan...are those stock?

Who's using a Dailey pan and pump...and how did you link to the Dailey pulley? Links, pics, or suggestions to RTFM all welcomed.

Will this weaken the block, if I want to switch to forced induction later, and a set of those H-beam rods?

I am new to messing with the engine, but mechanically inclined.

Thanks for looking, and for any suggestions or comments!

-Sean

I am not sure what configuration you are looking for. There are 3 produced.

Front
Mid
Rear

Rear: ONLY SC/Soarer
Mid: Crown
Front: All others.

Rear. The crossmembers will both be replaced, and the steering rack will end up in front of the control arms. The SC400 is the closest factory 2-part sump to what I'm after.

Got any sort of contact info for the place that makes that RodShop sump, in the other thread? The name given in the thread wasn't specific enough for a web search.

Bill @ Dailey was very helpful, and very honest. Those parts are out of my price range and probably overkill for my needs. Rear wet sump sounds like the ticket.

Edit...got it...rodshop.com.au