My VVTi 2UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Just want to take some pictures for you guys of my 2005 2UZ block. It is a VVTi along with oil squirters. Please see pics. FYI, the last picture is my 1999 VVTi 1uzfe engine.

thought id show a pic of one of my motors and 2 of a mates motors
4l and 2 4.3l VVTi's
motors.jpg

The shortblock is ready and currently waiting on some main studs. Girdle is in and fits great. Oil install fine. I also mod the oil pan for twin turbo oil return.

Looking good David. Are those -10 AN returns?

Something I've done in the past to ensure better return flow is to ream out the AN adapters a bit, to get a larger ID. They're designed and rated for a couple hundred bar pressure, so they have very thick wall bodies. Since a turbo oil return has no pressure, but needs a large ID because of all the air entrained in the oil, it shouldn't hurt the fitting to enlarge its ID a bit. I leave "enough" flare on the end for a good seat & no leaks. I also go through the rest of the return system and try to enlarge it as much as possible within the space confines.

I'm sure there are a few purists here that'll flame this idea, but it's worked fine on the turbo return for my 2JZ for 3-4 years now.

They are 8-AN. I figure i have two inlets should be ok. This return configuration is really tight for the rear sump. I had two 3/8 npt laying so i used. Dual drainage should be ok.