miss Problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

Hello everyone, it's been a while:sorry: and have been cruising the forums from time to time.. Some may know that I have progressed from my 4x4 build to a much better 4x4.. anyway..

Last week after sitting for a couple months.. ( not a daily driver) I took my truck out for a thrash as we had a trip over the coast and it was just a drive to make sure things are good..:eek: anway.. on my way home.. no power, sounded like ***** blah blah.. Now the fun..:confused:

checked and replaced plugs, swapped coils and ignitors, checked fueling and was all good..

Now the really fun bit.. checked timing and I was about 6 teeth out from the cams on the markers on the body of the engine:eek: I know I have a gen 1 so no problems but I have a bad miss now after aligning things correctly and for the life of me I cant work it out.. caps and rotors?

Bit of history,
sc's with a m90 running 9 psi pulley, big injectors etc.. link gen 1 ecu and havnt had any problems until last week.. any one got any ideas ? other then replacing caps and rotors.. which is on the cards , ecu runs a very simple setup and have checked cam and crank sensors and are just below 11k ohms.. is this a problem? also cam belt, its in great condition but should I replace it ? seeing as I have a miss.. miss is in a couple spots.. around 1500 rpm and 4500 rpm give or take a bit.. Im also logging sync errors so wondering if cam and crank sensors are buggered..:confused: Had a good run so far and most likely needs a birthday.. so any advice would be great:)
cheers K

I would be confirming the TDC Mark on the crank pully. I have seen plenty delaminate. Or possibly the front pully has flogged out the key allowing the trigger wheel to flop around.

thnx Kelvin, I was thinking along the lines of caps and rotors.. but i'll check the crank pulley while im looking as I have already replaced it because of delaminating.. might give ya a yodel tomorrow if ya around..;)

Check the alignment of the timing belt pulley marks, and don't go off of the serpentine crankshaft pulley,remove that pulley and use the cogged crank pulley. It physically can't go wrong.

Well it has worked out and I have aligned all the timing marks and shes like it was.. phew.. But this raises the question.. WHY did it skip on the cam belt..? anyone have any thoughts on this.. as I really don't want it happening again especially when im at a comp and giving it some lovin..:D

Perhaps the cam belt tensioner is a bit tired and should be replaced.

Two bolts a few $ is cheap insurance against it happening again.

Thank God for non-interference engines.

Perhaps the cam belt tensioner is a bit tired and should be replaced.

Two bolts a few $ is cheap insurance against it happening again.

Thank God for non-interference engines.

Yes I agree.. but will run it up and see how it goes and f it does it again.. then i'll replace cam belt and associated bits and pieces .. When it did it though.. sounded like it had lunched itself.. so I now know what to listen out for.. haha..