Master Powers T70

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vn1uz

Hi guys i have been looking around for a turbo to use on my VN 1uz and i was going to orginaly turbo it with 2 Nissan VG30det rolla bearing turbos. but after coming accross a t70 at the right price i think i might use one.
the only thing is it has a 0.84 AR which i am guessing is a T3 because the T4 come only in 0.64 AR. right ??
WOuld this be to small on the 1uz?
from what i have found out if i run a large external gate say 50mm or bigger
the exhuast housing won't be such a restriction as the presure is getting bypassed through the large gate and it will come on boost a lot earlyer ??

Does any one know what the difference is in a T3 0.84AR and a T4 0.64AR on these turbos ??
and if i get the T3 one can i later down the track upgrade the exhuast housing and wheel for the T4 one if the t3 is to small???

I used T4 with .64 in 1uzfe setup. This size turbo is perfect for the 1uzfe. The T3 will be too small and will create too much back pressure. Go with T70 with T4 .63 A/R. For the price, u cant beat it. Contact www.boostedsystems.com and tell Joe you are refer by Lextreme

thanks

im in australia and i can pick one up for around AU$500 which is a good price.

I remember reading some where a few years ago that having an large external Gate would allow the smaller turbine to be used on a larger motor as the exhuast would be getting vented out the large gate. and not creating to much back presure in the manifold ??

I will have to do more resurch on this.

so the T4 was perfect on yours ??
i guess i can try one and sell it if it is no good and upgrade
i will be making the manifolds myself as i am a Boilermaker/Welder so to change the flange won't be a problem
also is it just the housing that you change or is the wheel going to be have to changed as well ???