M90 on a Crown 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZFE Matt

Can stock Crown ECU with violet injectors handle a M90 with low boost, say 6 to 8 psi?
IE with the right manifold can you just bolt on the M90 and use all the crown gear, with perhaps slightly higher flow injectors. Or do you need a rising rate fuel regulator or other stuff?
I am very keen to Super Charge my project, I want to use a M90 for price reasons and availability and I don't want massive boost.
I can make a manifold like Jordys ski boat and do all the fabrication but I want to keep the management simple.
I have been through all the FI post and can't find clear info on stock Crown management with FI.
I hope these are reasonable questions.
Regards,
Matt.

Ok I did some more searching and I see the general consensus is that upto 8 psi boost is fine with stock management and stock 251cc injector engines ie soarer.

If my crown has 220cc injectors, is 8psi boost fine or will it run lean?

Will 251cc injectors with the crown management prevent it running lean?

Do I need a rising rate fuel regulator?

Any help much apprieciated.
Matt.

keep us posted on this matt. im keen to see how it goes and how the supercharged engine on factory ecu compares to my na engine on aftermarket management. id also like to go supercharged one day, but like the idea of a vortech rather than an eaton.

Cheers 340i, I am pretty keen to do it, I am on the look out for a second hand M90 right now.
I would like to set up like jordys ski boat's original M90 set up with the bypass valve on the back and the intake swinging around towards the front rightcorner.
Still trying to workout which M90 to buy, what size pully for maybe 7 psi, and a few things like that.
There doesn't seem to be anyone out there that is running Crown ECU and M90, I am unsure about fueling issues.
Also going to try and get hold of an oringinal manifold to cut up and fabricate an intake.
I will keep everyone posted as it progresses.
Regards,
Matt.

you're probably aware of this, but iv heard that some m90's you cant swap the pulleys. not sure if this is an issue, but might be worth checking out.
i can see you're keen to keep the original computer, but going aftermarket could possibly save some hassle (and therefore cost?) in the long run? also opens up opportunity for datalogging and easier swapping of injectors etc..

M90 on Crown Fueling ECU

Hey Matt,

Did you get any resolution on how the factory Crown ECU and injectors would stand up at 7 psi???

Looking to do the same on mine and like yourself, scratching around for hints...

cheers,

Shuey

I did a dynapower (vortec type) Supercharge setup in a jetboat the other day - we went from the crown injectors to the LS400 251cc injectors. Running 4.35 psi the injectors were at 70% duty cycle. We have got another pully so will recheck the boost next week and expect around 7-8 psi. I think the injectors may just be ok. AFRs were at 11.5-12. Another thing to mention is although jetboats have constant load they generally don't require the acceleration enrichment like a car so often can use slightly smaller injectors. Cheers