LX Torana

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I am curently stuffing a 1UZ into an LH.
Its a tight fit and exhaust headers will be a bastard to fit, But thats what hammers are for, right?
Other stuff will include,
Hoppers Stoppers 330mm brake upgrade (or something similar)
Bullet cars ADR / EPA certified tuned, Autronic SM4 ECU.
Adjustable Watts linkage
Adjustable Anti-roll bars (hopefully driver adjustable, If anyone has done this or has ideas please let me know)
CRS 9" diff conversion
W58 Gbox
and im putting togeather a softPLC system to run the electrics.
I will post some pics soon

I hope to get some pics up tomorrow.
I've been studying for a pilots licence recently, so i haven't had too much time.
will get stuck into the torry this weekend.

I have had the engine in the car already. it does fit, but its tight.
I have heaps of stainless pipe at work, so making extractors to fit shouldnt be a problem.
Anyone know if the bottom of the steering column can be moved over a bit? (without too much stuffing around)

I have to talk to an engineer soon about the roll bars, gutter removal etc. I'll let you all know how it goes.

They are.
the exhaust ports are about level with the top steering uni joint. only 1-2 inch clearence.
The LHS has heaps of room
Next job is trying to move the steering column up against the chassis rail to get a bit more room, shouldn't be too hard. (famous last words)
Then i'll be mounting the engine/gbox. The bits of angle (75 x 50 x 3 from memory) on the stand in pic 1 will be the basis for the crossmember. overkill maybe, but chassis flex wont be an issue.

Attachments

• strut bar.jpg
    strut bar.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 73
I mate came over this weekend and we got a bit done on the torrie.
will be putting the engine into the good body this week. and hopefully get most of the extractors made up.

I do a fair bit of pipework at work, and have access to heaps of stainless pipe and bends in different sizes.
Shouldn't be too hard, it'll just take a while to make it all fit.
I'll use 36mm ID pipe for the headers

I'll post pics as it progresses.

Final goal is twin turbo.
That reminds me, must ring engineer this week to see if he'll ok the turbo's

1 1/2in primarys (35mm ID, same as exhaust ports)
im thinking 1 3/4in seconds. Anyone got any sugestions?
Forum Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,083

Warn: (0%)

i'm pairing the pipes up with reference to the firing order, so the lhs will be different.
i started with the RHS because thats got the least room and will dictate lengths ect