Low comp pistons std bore whats everyone using ????

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XR8tt

What pistons are 8.5 compression with std bore ???
What is everyone using ??? Or recommend...
This is for turbo 1UZ engine running GT4202R.
I don't really want to bore oversize, unless I have to....

Its an Import motor from Japan.. I'v pulled it down and there's almost no bore wear, a light hone is all that required .. This is going to be a race engine in Celica...Runing GT4202R turbo ..
I can get Mahle 16 cc dish with 1.00 oversize...
Boost ?? As much as I can 25 /30 Lb...

Mahle pistons for 1uzfe? Interesting... You should double check your bore before buying pistons. Its safer to bore and hone the block so u will get a perfect circle.

Mahle pistons for 1uzfe? Interesting... You should double check your bore before buying pistons. Its safer to bore and hone the block so u will get a perfect circle.
Yep I know all that, Its been mesured... but I'm pushing some power through this engine..

Are you sure they are Mahle? Last I heard they were Ross.

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
  • in bay.jpg
    in bay.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7
  • in bay2.jpg
    in bay2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
  • mockup turbo flange.jpg
    mockup turbo flange.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mockup2.jpg
    mockup2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
  • mockup3.jpg
    mockup3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
Are you sure they are Mahle? Last I heard they were Ross.
Yes we where just talking about that this afternoon.. They are all tied up in shares / take overs etc..... Yep could be Ross .... They'll be called ACL [race ?] forged pistons down here... Hope they compliment the Argo rods o/k....

The ACL forged piston is 6mm wider across the pin bosses than the std 1uz piston so piston pin is subject to more bending load. Ross have an 'upgraded' piston pin.

BTW, any word on the availability, price of the upgraded piston pin David ?

CP Pistons also do a set... good prices with the exchange rate as it is.
Yes I have C.P's in my Dart block Ford...Through Quantum...
At the time they where $1800 a set....
Rocket have some too.. Of the shelf is easier if you have a minor disaster....KEEP the piston forgeing design number etc !!!!

is that why

The ACL forged piston is 6mm wider across the pin bosses than the std 1uz piston so piston pin is subject to more bending load. Ross have an 'upgraded' piston pin.

BTW, any word on the availability, price of the upgraded piston pin David ?

Is that why the acl pistons keep cracking through the piston pin hole at 6200 rpm on the dot ?

Three sets of pistons in 3000 km. no boost big cams.

no

they got binned a long time ago, a small crack from the centre of the gudgeon pin bottom toward the bottom of the piston. now that I think of my rpm estimate may be a long way out (I used the 4 cly factory tacho that was in the car). :)

I expect not more replies on this topic after this I have a more pressing issue.

What is the part number for the cp pistons and where from because I can't find them in the cp piston catalog

Attachments

• FanClearance.JPG
    FanClearance.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 10