looky looky

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
$7500 shoot you can buy a good used 92 sc400/soarer for that much $.... you can supercharge, turbo you name it for that much....

Nice concept, however absolutely no need for the straight cut gear whatsoever. The V160 is able to handle as much HP as any street car can toss at it, and doesn't require a rebuild every 3000 miles like a dogbox. That's a $6000 rebuild every 3000 miles (as taken from Hollinger) whether you race it once a weekend, or you deliver the groceries. All of these costs together contribute to the fact that no one runs this in the Supra world.

Eric

Because you're not using a clutch to switch form one gear to the next, you're slamming it into gear. You have to let off the throttle a little, then force the shifter into the next gear.

The 3000 mile rebuild schedule is per HKS on their sequential tranny, which is built by Hollinger.

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
Because you're not using a clutch to switch form one gear to the next, you're slamming it into gear. You have to let off the throttle a little, then force the shifter into the next gear.

The 3000 mile rebuild schedule is per HKS on their sequential tranny, which is built by Hollinger.

Eric
nobody said you dont have to use the clutch, just that its the fastest way.

and the dogbox doesnt have to be practical, its made for racing. althoguh you can use it for the street if you really wanted to.

If you owned a V160 and drove it in traffic, you'd forget all about pipe dream dog boxes. If you want smooth, positive shifts, and the ability to hold whatever power you throw at it, then get a stock V160. It's about as simple as that. My V160 takes 1000 HP blasts weekly, and has 180,000 miles on it. But what do I know, huh?

cowboy bebop said:
If you owned a V160 and drove it in traffic, you'd forget all about pipe dream dog boxes. If you want smooth, positive shifts, and the ability to hold whatever power you throw at it, then get a stock V160. It's about as simple as that. My V160 takes 1000 HP blasts weekly, and has 180,000 miles on it. But what do I know, huh?

Not Much ; )

you guys know that the V160 is a dog engagement box? as are all the newer(from what? the 30s?) manual transmissions.