Lexus Wheely

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Do u guys think this would ever happen to a Lexus?

miele.jpg

Better yet is that any Supra able to do a wheely? Solid axle will play a very important role along with massive lower end torque.

There are several high powered, track only Supras that lift at launch, but none go as high as that Mustang.

But then their goal is to get down the track as quickly as possible, not to do a wheel stand.

Here's a photo from an ad for BFG drag radials that ran recently in R&T. This is the Virtual Works race Supra:

This is my bosses car, and it only has about 600hp, but the motor is a 428 cobra jet,so it makes all kinds of low end power. should be very closely setup to that first mustang pic. my boss relys heavly on a trans break to get the wheels up like that. but the motor is in the stock position, and the car is stock weight, and there is amazingly little done with suspention. but ofcorse tires are nice and grippy.

09.jpg

John,

What type of solid axle does Supra own use if they decide to go to solid? Chevy and Ford are dirt cheap with LSD too. Installation and fab would be very expensive I would assume.

accually mounting in a solid axel is really simple. Im doing one at work with a 4 link. kinda simple atleast compared to doing the oppisite.

A ford 9" and a spool (Not lsd) would be the setup of choise for a track only car.

miele.jpg

I recognize those trees in the background,that's Raceway Park in NJ!

Anyways,Craig Paisley built a back-half Supra in the late 90's that pulled some amazing wheelstands. I remember stopping by his shop one time and seeing this car on a lift,tinwork wasn't complete yet but the chassis was.

Go to http://www.mkiv.com/videoarchive/index.html and watch the 2nd and 3rd videos,titled "paisley bumper stand". Coincidentally that wheelie was at the same track and same lane the Mustang ran! I was either at the stands during that run or at the pits helping some friends out.

can't find the pictures now (at work) but we bauke and I build a very short wheelbase vw based buggy once with a 1.6L subaru boxer in it and it would do on it's rear wheels every time you wanted it to, nice (little dangerous though) at the traffic lights,
we even got fined for doing that once in town, cop was lauhging his pants off while writing the ticket.

needs mentioning that "THING" as we called it had huge diameter wheels sorta looked like a little big foot.

grtz Thomas

justin_humphreys.jpg

Justin Humphrey's GS300. Not an insane wheelie like Paisley's Supra but it does lift the front wheels.
He no longer runs in sport compact races,moved up to NHRA Pro Stock.

Not in wheelie action and probably not even worthy in this HP thread but surely wheelie cappable and shown in it's best inviroment,

the rear wheels are taller that my clubman lotus seven replica.

grtz Thomas