Lexus v8 3uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Oskido

Hi, I have a V8 - 3UZ Lexus 2008/9 motor and the fool at the service point put Diesel instead of Fuel into the Tank. Tank flushed and tried starting the motor - only cranks but no start. Tried Quick Start but no start. Fuel checked, fuel pump is working and the following home diagnostics codes on the 3UZ shows:

Code 8 - Intake Air Temp Sensor Signal
Code 72 - Fuel Cut Solenoid Signal (IGF signal detected for 4 consecutive Ignition)
Code 97 (D-4, P1215) - EDU Malfunction

Can anyone help (determining patch/path find and fix)

Codes are completely unrelated
In particular, 3UZ never had D-4 system
Hi George,

Thank you for coming back to me - most appreciated. These are the codes that were supplied as a home diagnostic when purchasing the motor in South Africa.

I've attached what was supplied to me as codes as well as an overview how to determine these codes and the "pulse counts" supplied are as per the home diagnostic - see attached

Code 8 - Intake Air Temp Sensor Signal
Code 72 - Fuel Cut Solenoid Signal (IGF signal detected for 4 consecutive Ignition)
Code 97 (D-4, P1215) - EDU Malfunction

Sorry - the model is a 2000 and not a 2008/9 which is shipped from Japan.

Looking forward to your reply.

Attachments

• Lexus_Comprehensive Code Listing.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 4
  • Lexus 3UZ-FE VVT-i 5 Speed Welcome Pack.pdf
    998.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi George,

Diagnostic Test done and following is the problem:

On the home diagnostic I'm getting the following:

Fuel Cut Solenoid signal problem detected (where is this situated on the motor)?

EDU (Electronic Drive Unit) malfunction (where is this unit situated or is this part of a ECU problem)

Please can you assist to help repair/fix?

idk if you're that much retarded or just pretending , but anyway, obd2 codes are required
don't attemt to decode them by yourself, you will fail just like you did a few times before
Just pull the codes and pass them to grown ups

Not retarded - if you read the email chain/thread and attachments supplied earlier you would have noticed that this V8 3uz-fe VVT-i has not been connected to the Isuzu Diagnostic Connector but in South Africa (and many parts of the world) these Chinese /Japanese motors arrive as one complete unit - engine, gearbox and ECU fully intact.

You can (as I'm sure you know) can do your own diagnostic check (supplied with the fuse box PULSE CHECK) and if you check as mentioned these codes relate to:

P1215 - EDU Malfunction
Fuel Cut Solenoid Signal malfunction/(IGF signal detected for 4 consecutive Ignition)interrupted.

This is all provided by the Basic codes by flashing "Check Engine-light" ("MIL") process.

All I'm asking (where is Fuel Cut-off Solenoid situated and how can i reset any codes without a ODBD2 unit?

Could this be a Immobilizer Problem - if so, how do you bypass the Immobilizer on the 3UZ-fe VVT.i in my instance (without a OBD2 unit connection)? Remember this is per the instance in my previous email and setup of the motor, ECU, ECU wiring and fuse box - see attached images.

Just as a note - I had to replace 1 of the injectors (NOZZEL TIP BROKEN), all other injectors and new that was replace have been checked, cleaned and all in working order.

There fuel systems has been check, cleaned and fuel pump is working. All fuses have been checked and in working order. i have crank, start and runs for +/- 2-3 seconds and dies.

Attachments

• 3UZ-FE VVTi - ECU  box.jpg
    3UZ-FE VVTi - ECU box.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 4
  • 3UZ-FE VVTi - ECU wiring setup.jpg
    3UZ-FE VVTi - ECU wiring setup.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3UZ-FE VVTi - fuse box setup.jpg
    3UZ-FE VVTi - fuse box setup.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 4
It is 2000-2003 engine

From your initial post it looks like you may have 2008-2009 chassis of some other brand, with old Lexus engine fitted, and twin ecu setup implemented so old ecu controls instrument panel, and 3uz ecu controls 3uz. That may explain the fact you see unrelated trouble codes.

But more than that, it looks like you have no slightest idea of what's going on so I advice to take whatever you have there to a good local professional

Hi, I have PHD in IT Electronics and Systems. I'm not a PHD Mechanical Engineer motor vehicle engines - maybe you are and if not you learned along the way from ADVICE, HELP then Your comments are not welcome as considering "retarded".

This website is to assist and see you a STAFF MEMBER and from RUSSIA - mybe your arrogance and your trading to the Rand/Russian Rubie 5/1.

If this is NOT A WEBSITE where you can help to assist THOSE TO LEARN then I'm on the wrong website registration.

GIVE ME WHAT I ASKED FOR - DIAGRAMS, VIDEO'S and PROCEEDURES TO HELP.

YES, I MIGHT NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LEXUS V8 3UZ-FE MOTORS BUT OPEN TO LEARN. APPLY YOURSELF TO MY QUESTIONS AND STOP REFERRING ME TO MY PRO-SHOP DOWN THE ROAD THAT WILL COST ME 10,000/15,000 TO FIX SIMPLY PROBLEM!!

IF YOU WISH TO BLOCK MY IP ADDRESS LET ME KNOW?

Hendrik Ludick

New Member​

Messages0
Thursday at 8:20 AM
Good Day, need help with my 3 UZ, no one are able to get the issue fixed, several mechanics tried.

Morning start and drive about 5 to 10km, the vehicle stutter or hesitate as if no petrol or fire or hesitate. Vehicle driven for 3 years no issue, last 5 months the issue appear. When pushing on the highway to about 120km you can feel it comes loose and the power is back to normal, the following has been done but the problem remains. Diagnostics with 4 different types does not pick up any issues, My diagnostic system is a Launch Expensive one.
1) Replaced wiring 3 times
2) Replaced all the sensors 2 times some 3 times
3) Replaced standard ECU 3 times
4) Replaced coils and plugs 2 times
5) Replaced fuel pump to 4 bar and fuel filter, installed a regulator to monitor fuel pressure.
6) Replaced fuel lines
7) Had the gearbox and wiring checked 3 times
8) Changed the throttle body 2 times
9) Changed the airflow meter 3 times
10) Changed the electronic pedal 3 times
11) Replaced the alternator with a higher voltage one.
12) Used fuel injector cleaner