Lexus LS400 Air Suspension Shock Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

just a few comments about the guide, aswell as questions...

1) Raise and support vehicle. Remove rear seat cushion and rear seat back. Please see Upgrade Fuel Pump for rear seat removal instruction. Remove right and left scuff plates. Remove right and left roof side inner garnishes. Remove package trim. 2) Disconnect right and left stabilizer bar links from stabilizer bar. Remove 2 brake caliper bolts from rear axle carrier. Hang caliper with wire. Remove nut on lower side of shock absorber. Support rear axle carrier with jack. Remove dust cap on top of strut. 3) Loosen strut rod center nut (do not remove nut). Remove 3 suspension support retaining nuts. Lower rear axle carrier and remove lower shock absorber. 4) For Air Suspension Equipped LS400. You need to remove the in air inlet line. Its almost impossible to loosen the 14 mm bolt from the bottom. The easiest way to remove this bolt is from the trunk. Open the trunk and on both left and right side of trunk is where you can access the air inlet. Remove strut assembly.

now, the comment in red/bold. I have a question about it...

ah, why?

I've just removed the rear air bag from my Lexus, without having to disconnect the sway bar, or take the calipers...

also, the comment in green...

its quite possible to disconnect the air line from outside the car, via the wheel arch, but oh well. lol