Lextreme Torque Converter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dvincent

I finally have some time off to share my 4 month experience with the Lextreme Torque Converter.

1999 and 1995 SC400 TC installed at local transmission shop without any difficulty or suprises for $350 per vehicle. No other modifications to either vehicle.

Subjective: Both cars launch stronger and feel like there are ready to go. My wife wanted to know what was wrong with the 1999 since it is not totally Lexus silky smooth anymore due to slight increase of vibration that can be felt in the cabin compartment when starting from a complete stop--especially if the engine is cold. I actually prefer the new feel--more like a sports car.

Objective: Testing done on country back road stretch slightly short of the 1/4 mile--why not go for the 1/4 mile--because it is the best I could find on the way to work without getting in trouble with the law and allows for practically a daily run with very reproducible results.

Before TC no tire burnout on either car. After TC no burnout on the 1995 and big burnout on passenger side tire on the 1999. The amount of torque on the 1999 is too much for the factory wheel /tire to handle.

Unfortunately i did not log 1995 runs before the TC install. After TC 80 miles per hour. No tire burnout.

1999 85 miles per hour before and after the TC. Here is the problem--tire burnout that seems to go on for ever which forces me to backoff the pedal for a second in order to gain traction before launch. Obviously the car is stronger with the TC--I just have to get wheels/tires that will transfer the power to the road quicker.

:damnit:Reality check--I am not happy about this one--my wife 2006 GS300 gets the run done at 87 miles per hour without tire burn. I had a single run of 90 MPH on a 55F degree cold morning--most runs done in 80F to 90F degree weather (Texas). The 1999 SC400 should beat the 90 MPH mark once I get the tires to stop spinning and actually launch.

:notworthy:This one I am happy about--the recently purchased 1993 SC300 with a 2JGTE(big Turbonetics single turbo) gets the job done at exactly 100 MPH. Of course I want to improve on this--bad turbo lag starts spooling around 3000rpm fully engaged at 3500rpm. If I could get more lowend power/torque it would be perfect. Just starting to learn the ins and outs of this car. I currently prefer to drive the 1999 SC400 with the Lextreme TC just for the lowend pull.

How does it compare to a Dragon TC? I do not know--I have never been in a car with one. But for the price--the Lextreme TC has been great.

PS Of course my wife thinks I am crazy for owning three SC cars. I just cannot believe how cheap you can get them now a days--paid $40k for the 1995 with 13k miles back in 1997.

3 SC? and 1 GS? I think there is something wrong with your family LOL. I have three Lexus and my wife think I am crazy already and my neighbor think I am nut. Nice to see some feedbacks from a real customer. Can you take some pictures of your 3 SC? Love to see them.....

Since I have a full house for the holidays i should be able to find at least one computer savy person who knows how to post pictures.
The 1995 and 1999 cars are all stock except for the TC--not much to look at. The 1999 is a great showroom condition pearl white with only 40k miles on the odometer!!

The 1993 SC300 is a different story---it is worth looking under the hood at how well the 2JGTE swap turned out.

David do you still have access to the imported headers? I will PM you.