Lextreme races at the track last night?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

A little birdie told me that Lextreme was at the tracks last night and ran his Turbo'd Lex in the 11's.....Is this true?

I had my first race today after receiving a fix it ticket about a month ago..I actually raced a brand new M5 BMW from a red light and lost.....I was doing well until I had the once in a while famous Lexus untimely tranny shift will riding the nos...race over...those M5's are decently fast I can tell you that much....

NOT TRUE.....

I was there for some testing... nothing big. I was street/test tune my car. The car ran great at mid to high rpm but struggled at lower end. I spent lots of time in the 60 foot and pick up speed at about 2/3 of the way. Its nothing to brag about.

Well that birdie was mistaken I guess...Anyway, Lex do you have any stories to share with us at that race track? Any super fast lexus's running? I wish I could have made it...but I had pervious plans and could not attend... See ya

FYI, it was a 1/8 mile not a quarter. Like i said i struggle for about 3-4 seconds at about the first few hundred feet. After about 2/3 of the track, the car start to pick up. Even at a short distance, I managed to hit 10.1 seconds at 84 miles trap speed. I bogged and bogged at the first 1/3 of the way and shoot out like a rocket at the last 2/3 of the track.

I was tuning all night long and reloading different programs. Couple of things went wrong.

1. Reloading and reprogram will take time for the ECU to adjust
2. Not enough warm up time for the new program
3. ISC program.

Before the track day, I noticed my car wasnt idling normally. So i drove it anyway. What i found out this morning is that my car would not rev and hold the rpm at around 1000 to 2500 rpm. Once it get up to the rpm, then i would drop straight to the idle range. That was why i bogged and bogged.

Honestly speaking JameN and his gang can verify this. This car is very fast. If I dont experience the problem with ISC, i would have gone in the low 9 seconds or high 8 seconds with about 90-95 mph trap speed.

1 miles = 1760 yards
1 yard = 3 feet

1/8 mile = 220 yards
220 yard = 660 feet
2/3 of 1/8 mile (660 feet) 435.6 feet.

At 435.6 feet i manage to pull pretty good trap speed and ok time. I wasted 3-4 seconds on the first 217.8 feet. I need to do some research on ISC and FI. This is my 4th ISC already.

That stinks, and I am sorry to hear about your ISC and tuning problems.. I am sure if anyone can get it right, it will be Mr. Lextreme himself... However, bogging stinks I had that problem for a while myself...Bad ECU was my culprit.... Anyway, sounds like your car will bolt once it is tuned correctly..

How's your Lexus running now Lex?

Attachments

• dyno plot 01.jpg
    dyno plot 01.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 3
  • dyno plot 02 TQ.jpg
    dyno plot 02 TQ.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 4
  • dyno plot 03 HP.jpg
    dyno plot 03 HP.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1