Les 24 Heures Du Mans 2007 IT WAS BRILLIANT!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey all, expecially cribjj!

Just got back last monday evening after some sort of jack-ass weekend to the 24 houres of le-mans, it was my second year, and tickets are allready on order for 2008, by all means if you have the oppertunity to go DO SO!!!

thursday morning we left home at 6:00am in the sylva striker for a 800km trip to france, and we were basicly picking up people everywhere en route, the route after Paris it became plain silly, with only aston martins porsche TVR's lambo's ferrari's Noble's and various scary quick kitcars flying by, really nice to be in such a convoy, and we had some fun with quite a few bigbuck UK sportscars at the toll booths, and even though we outran almost every one that tried upto the speedlimit (i don't like paying french cops) the only thing you'll get is thumbs up and lots of laughing towards a tiny little lotus seven clone with a little to much power. at home it's mostly the finger that's waved.

anyway the race was also very nice although wet in the first and last hours, we luckily found a nice french girl selling rain poncho's at the Mulsanne corner campsite.

on saturday night we brought the girls back to the campsite at 1:30am and rodger and I went back to mulsanne corner at 3:00am where you can walk about 2 km allong the famous "mulsanne straight", and see the corner itself, where the cars exit "les hunaudieres" at over 330km go through an over 90 degree bend and accelerate up to topspeed again into the dark.

the sight of the cars litteraly flying by at 335km an hour on public roads in the middle of a large forrest in PITCH BLACK!!! is a must see to believe,
I can't explain what it feels like to see and expecially hear that happening from ones ears and eyes 5 meters away, the drivers much have balls the size of watermelons doing that period!

ps: AUDI didn't perform that well over all,
considering there was
3 R10 TDI's
1 audi R8 powered Lola B07 chassis
2 audi engined and gearboxed Spyker C8 spyders,
so basicly audi had at least 6 cars running their engineering of which only 1 finnished 50% just broke down, the other where put against the wall....

Look at all Judd and AER powered cars, they almost all made it to the finnish line, not something to be really proud for audi of methinks.
(next years peugot will be there winning unless Henry pescarolo decides to run diesels aswell)

the Panozes where by far the loudest again but the Corvette's the most thundering, whereas the Judd V10's are just unbelievable to hear going past. blood seeping from your ears if not wearing plugs, especially the last few houres of the race they tend to make more and more noise

the Audi's where as last years sounding like tuned up vacuum cleaners, zzzzzzzzzt gone....... but the peugot's had a nice tune, thing is you just see them cornering at speeds totaly unrelated to the noise level, and they corner extremly quick!

here's a load of pictures from the friday pittlane acces we saw of this years edition, but first some pictures of our cars we went in, (in the rain I might ad NOT FUNNY, drivin a 165hp sub500kg seven on yokohama's in the wet. but hey we got there!

rodger's starlet TTE and my Sylva Striker all stickered up (size difference?)
lemans28.JPG

Bas's McLaren M6b
lemans29.JPG

Mischa's (speedon carworks) starcraft
lemans31.JPG

having beers like you should! at le-mans
lemans30.JPG

lemans23.JPG

lemans15.JPG

lemans17.JPG

lemans18.JPG

lemans19.JPG

lemans20.JPG

lemans21.JPG
http://www.rodgerjason.com/lemans/lemans21.JPG[/img]
lemans22.JPG

lemans25.JPG

grtz Thomas

amazing what you can do with spare time at work! posting on lextreme wise that is.

hmm a few didin't work

here another try

mischa's starcraft (that attracts more attention at lemans than a porsche GT3 or Noble M12)
lemans31.JPG

Overview of the pittlane building and ACO headquarters
lemans23.JPG

detail corvette intakes (nice tapper in those for torque)
lemans15.JPG

lemans16.JPG

grtz Thomas

Hey Thomas - great photos and thanks for posting them. It looks like it was a fabulous weekend. Here in the desert I was following the race in semi-realtime via the Le Mans website, and I thought the same as you about the Audi's. One hour before the finish, the mighty Audi's which have dominated the race for the last six years only had one car left in the running?

And the two Peugeots in their first year of competition were running 2 & 3? And they were going around the circuit faster than the sole Audi? Not too shabby for two cars that didn't even exist on paper one year ago, eh?

However Audi's press release after the race didn't sound much like the "real" situation did it, hehehe.

I liked the Peugeot team manager's words - in typical understated French humor, that "apparently the engines were designed to run for only 23.5 hours - next year we'll have to improve on that." Still, having both their cars running 2 & 3 an hour before the finish in their first year of competition was an extraordinary accomplishment in my mind.

Think the Peugeot team manager got a call from Toyota's F1 department?