Learning About Australia

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ok, let's get back on topic, your right Xr8tt....I agree completely, A pissing contest with humor is what this thread has become... A true mockery and travesty ... Ooops, My bad... I'm a team player and I will attempt to right the ship...

I got a question for you Australians?....

Who is your current leader and is he any good? Did he con his way into office like some of our American Presidents of the past, making claims and not following thru with them once elected? Is he well recieved and liked by the Australian people in general? Or is he like Bush is to our people, HA HA HA.... Is he voted into office like Bush is, State by state? Or region by region by numbers of votes collected? Are there many canidates that compete during this election process?

I have no clue on your leadership and how the process works...... Do you have parliment or government?

Attachments

• RIMG0197.jpg
    RIMG0197.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 16
Based on my many street races of the past I would have to say on good run I could get to 60mph in just slightly under 4 seconds.. Would you care to retract your statement and admit that you are wrong on this one?:tapedshut:

"I would say".....is a long way off having it timed Jibbby. But if as you say just under 4 sec then yes it would be a lot closer...I'm under 3.5 secs on MTs though so your arse is still grass :)

I based my estimate on some pretty good real world guesses ie your car with 400hp fly and 3500lbs with driver. Ideal launch would give you around 4.5sec more likely more. If you are doing better then more power to you.

Ideal launch for my setup is a conservative 3.1 but i have mad wheelspin issues. These are partly solved with the sticky rubber but i can only go so far before i start snapping rear shafts. I have a 10 second street car Jibbby, whereas yours is a 12 at best? they are worlds apart, no harm no foul...now buy yourself a TT setup and you can really come and play :)

MAYBE ?? Your 60ft Jibby but I'll put my $$ on the hybrid Celica over the 1/4..
A stout Soarer is pushing it to get into 12"s..
Besides this is way off topic guys...

Not off topic at all mate :)....educating Jibbby about the difference between American 'trash talk' and Australian 'money where your mouth is' :)

Dude, ok your the best Justen I surrender...I am just a simple peasant man in a simple soarer car on a simple forum that is all... I still think I can hang with ya though, he he.....:lmao:

How about those presidencies in Australia? I justed finished watching a show on HBO here in America about an Australian woman named Shapelle who got pinched last year in Sydney for smuggling narcotics on an airplane in her baggage....It was a media frenzy apparently in Sidney as she recieved a 20 years sentence in a Bali prison... I felt bad for her and her young kids... This happened last year...Anyone heard of that woman called Shapelle, AKA the Ganja queen?

They reported 20 kilograms of cocaine is imported into Australia each and every year... Does that sound right? That is just a drop in the bucket compared to what we ship in over here in the states..... Our ghetto's and low income areas are flooded with crack cocaine and meth and it's definetely a problem...

She has no kids mate so no need to feel bad for them. Young girl with dodgy relatives so whether she was innocent or really that dumb to have tried we'll neber know. Why you would bother importing grass to Indo is beyond me...the stuff just about grows on the street there?

Waaaaay more than 20kg per year....our keystone cops might only intercept that much? but pretty sure they have made some big busts recently.

No presidents here mate, Westminister system of gov so we have local gov, state gov and federal gov. The leader of the fed gov is the Prime Minister ie big dog minister. He has a Cabinet of ministers for his 'team' he picks from his pool of elected members of parliment.

We don't have a congress as such but a House of Representatives and the Senate. The HoR (the lower house) is basically all the guys who got voted in under your standard Westminister style of gov. As Oz is also a federation we have a checks and balances system called the Senate which is the Upper House (analogous to your US separation of powers).

So the ruling gov of the day enters their legislation into the lower house, where they have power and of course it is passed. It then goes to the Upper House where senators have a bitch fight, the outcome determined by how many are from the current ruling gov and how many they can get on side.

Isn't democracy fun? :)

Ahhh, the 89 FJ75 with the 1uz-fe swapped into it....Not bad stormy, not bad at all....
Nope, at the mo she has a Holden V8 in it, only putting out 220 or more kw, I know not much power for a motor of its size compared to a UZFE, but it has torque on tap which a UZFE doesn't and with a 3000 kilo vehicle you need torque not outright power.

I will go UZFE eventually and I am watching the Stroker crank thread to see what happenstorque numbers wise. The other thing that is keeping me back atm is the lack of an adapter to mate the Toyota auto to a 75 series transfer case.

Thanks for the breakdown Justen.... So if there is a crisis that needs to be addressed in Australia as a country whom ulitmately makes the call? Is there a cabinet of minister meetings where as everyone will discuss the matter and then make a decision?

Stormy - What exactly is the Holden V8? I always thought that was a UZ of some sort... What Liter size is it exactly, etc??? We don't have Holdens here in the States.. Also, the 1uzfe's are fairly torque motors by nature...

Yup pretty much, the Federal Cabinet rules the show......just needs additional support to pass new laws generally.

Holden is GM effectively but we do our own design which includes engines. Stormy prob has a 308 which has been around forever in various forms. A Holden V8 these days means an LS series engine.

You know the pontiac GTO 2 door you've had over there recently, started with an LS1 and now LS2 etc....designed and built here

Umm ?? The Holden as in 253 / 308, if it is ?? Since he didn't say Genlll..
Is the old iron block made here till 2000 in the VT Commodore was the last of the Holden V8's....Though Kw out of them was around 180/ 215 for HSV stroker...The new new genlll engines are crate from U.S, tmk..

I have the last of the VT engines, a HSV 5.7 litre (350 ci) roller cammer of 220 kw from the factory, I have a Kalmaker ECU setup which I have tuned on the street, mine puts out more power and torque right across the range and is more economical to boot.

The UZFE wasn't really used in Oz when I did the troopy swap but now it has become more popular and the knowledge is freely available on sites like this I will swap it over one day and keep the 350 VT for a Holden (probably a WB Panelvan or a Commodore). I bought eh VT engine cause it was easily available, I wanted a Mark 5 502 HO Chev with alloy heads and EFI (the vortec inlet manifold not the ram air inlet manifold) but there were none in Aus at the time so I bought the VT engine and it was in the car by the end of the week.

Those are some silly Australian beer commercials... It seems like a high percentage of commercials are related to beer ads, I know that's how it is here in the States too... Beer ads for everybody.....

Curious, most older men in Australia usually have the big beer bellies from what I can see.....Is that the norm?

We got fat children, and you guys got fat old men....Go figure?

That's the trouble with becoming a beeroholic is that all those carbs will have no where to go other then around your mid section..

According to some survey Australian are now the "fattest" nation. Even more lard guts than the Americans!

When in the State's at Christmas my eldest son and I had fun spotting the biggest person we could each day. Whilst Aussies may tend to be overwieght we do not see morbidly overwieght people like you do in the State.

I would say 15-20% of older men have a discernable beer belly. When I say that I mean not just a large frame but a definite gut!

Our beer ads do tend to be funny but how else do you make beer socially acceptable.

I drink it (more wine than beer) and in a lot of ways it is an anti-social tonic. But I don't plan on stopping the wine industry needs all the consumers it can get!

Depends on where you are in the States is when whale watching will begin.......Like states varies as far as fat people are concerned.. In California we are thin and in shape mostly, I think most parts of Florida are the same... Must be the beach and good weather that keeps us looking good..:love: Inland and especialy in the Southern states, fried foods and beer is religion... Rolls everywhere, pants falling off what use to be a waist lines, butt crack everywhere, it's just ugly... Stay costal if your in the States, it's much more appealing....

Zuffen, red wine is really good for you daily, doctors actually recommend most adults to have a glass a day unless your battling high blood pressure.....Red wine is full of sugar but won't fatten you up like a 12 pack of brew daily.. Plus you drink less wine to get buzzed compared to beer as well... Taste must go to a cold beer though all day long... Cold beer on a hot day can't be beat... Wine on a cold night with Italian under candle light is decent too...

Justen - Beer/acohol is social, Marijauna is not...Cardinal rule -drink and don't get sloppy or you will begin to embarrass yourself in front of others and then forget what you actually did the very next day... If that happens then your social sceen will suffer....If your an angry drunk by nature then your really screwed socially.... Yipes!!!

Well today is our 4th of July independence day here in America..It's the holiday which is celebrated every year....(common knowledge I would think)...Fireworks and what not... Lot's of family gatherings on this day, barbaques, beer, parties, etc.. It's usually a fun time for all... We have big firework show at night all across the US where people go and watch..

Curious? Does Australia celebrate any kind of independence day or any other holiday that us Americans don't celebrate? Do you guys have big firework shows ever?... Ever heard of an M80, M100, M1000 or bottle rockets? How about Roman candles and flower fireworks... A simple smoke pot by any chance? I grew up with these fireworks as a kid and couldn't wait to lite them off each 4th of July holiday...

For some reason they keep outlawing then making fireworks legal in certain parts of the States..It's almost year to year and it's a joke... This year me thinks they are illegal in California from what I have heard... Light a sparkler and you get a ticket if I am not mistaken... It could be the hard core fireworks only though..Not %100 sure...

Attachments

• RIMG0008.jpg
    RIMG0008.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 13
  • RIMG0001.jpg
    RIMG0001.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 9
Our public holidays are generally;
1st January,
26th January (Australia Day),
Easter 4 days being Good Friday through to Easter Monday,
25th April (ANZAC day),
June long weekend (Queens Birthday, mine also lol),
1st Monday in October (Labour day),
25 December (self explanatory),
26 December (Boxing day).

There may be some I have forgotten. States like WA and SA and even the NT have some of these on different days and add others in as well like 1st May for May Day in the NT and SA has Foundation day. Melbourne city has Melbourne Cup day to.

There are also days and/or weeks that we celebrate but don't get time off for like Rememberance day for the end of War and Naidoc week to celebrate Indigenous Australia.

Strormtrooper - Wow, no Holloween or Thankgiving either...Those are two other big holidays us Americans celebrate...

What the heck is the "Australian boxing day"? I think I like that holiday...Does everyone get punch drunk? How does one celebrate that Australian holiday?

Queens day...... Which queen? and what did this queen do to deserve a national holiday made after her? (What about the King? I guess it's safe to say she wore the pants in that royal family) She must of been something special, that's for sure....

ANzac day? Lost again? Don't even know what that word means... What's an Anzac?