knock sensor issue!! throwing code 52

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

just started to bring up ecu light and shows 52 ..knock sensor 1...tis a 95 uc20 (2nd gen uk car engine) fitted in range rover..is supercharged..

now..how reliable are the toyota knock sensors..i expecy very!!
so..where is number 1 knock sensor mounted?and more importantly where do the leads to it run,cos i hope/expect to find shit in conector etc..

i do not want to have to remove s/c manifold etc..cos that would be very bad..lpg system to move too..ekkkk!!

if....and only if it turns out to be sensor itself,and i aint removing s/c etc whats the odds on mounting a new one elsewhere.??

thanks..

We replace quite a few knock sensors. The looms also fall to pieces due to heat. The sensors are located in the valley under the intake manifold , the wiring goes down with the starter trigger loom. There is generally a plug at the back of the engine clipped onto the plastic loom cover at the back of the engine. My guess is you will be taking the manifold off. Toyota put them in there as it is the best place to get good knock readings and I wouldn't recommend moving them. Cheers