Jet Powered VW Bug

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure everyone has probably seen this already, but this guy is a true hotrodder. His swap makes our twin turbo UZ swaps look like child's play:

http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/

Besides building this outrageous Beetle, and a twinjet powered scooter for his wife, he wants to buy a decommissioned Soviet SA-1 SAM missile and do this with it:

"I want to build a missile silo on my front lawn," he said. "It'll have those electric-opening silo doors and I'll have a set of lights for it. Then, at night, I open the silo doors and raise the missile up, with those lights on it."

He gave a great big smile.
"It's technical art."

(quoted from San Francisco Chronicle, 30 April, 2006)

Too cool.....

This guy is one cool geek. Before I read the articles about him, I couldn't have imagined anyone would have such a warped sense of humor as to want to put a freaking missile silo in their front yard.

But....what a great way to keep the neighbors inline! Imagine when their parties get out of hand or go past 2AM, on go the front lights, the silo doors slowwwly open, and this 30 foot missile comes up in launch position. Of course you'd have to include some visual effects like CO2 coming out of the silo and vaporising to make it more realistic. That ought to send a pretty strong message that you're a bit PO'd and it's time to quiet things down a bit, hehehe....

His wife must be pretty cool too to put up with him...

Hey wouldnt that we more of a sleeper if I put one into my Previa van? The rear door pop open and all you see is just the end of the jet engine. All the windows are limo tinted. LOL.... Stealth.....

John,

You think his wife is tolerant?

Spare a thought for Mrs Phan.

I'm sure David has Lexus parts on the bedside table!