is 400 - 500 BHP na possible?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nathan

i really want to get over 400hp at the wheels, is it possible and what mods would make it happen, i dont have spce for a turbo set up and i really want to keep it NA, so far i have the motor in and have started wiring an autronis SM4 ecu.

i am happy to look at any suggestions, thanks in advance

Major head work, big valves, and cams might get you "near" 400 at 7500 RPM or more, but it'll be very temperamental.

300 to 325 is probably doable without spending a ransom on the motor, but if you want to go higher, NA, then you'll need some NOS or really deep pockets.

If you haven't got room for a turbo - you haven't got room for this, and I think John is understating just how deep your pockets need to be.

At Flywheel 534bhp at 8800 - 338lb/ft at 7800

definately NOT streetable !

Attachments

• lx1a.jpg
    lx1a.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 16
i really want to get over 400hp at the wheels, is it possible and what mods would make it happen, i dont have spce for a turbo set up and i really want to keep it NA, so far i have the motor in and have started wiring an autronis SM4 ecu.

i am happy to look at any suggestions, thanks in advance

Their is only so much you can do to gain power on a N/A engine.
for reliable performance about 340hp and you will beed a nice wallet.

You will be suprised how and where you can mount a turbo :D

Maybe you can take an engine pic

Yep! and the motor will more drivable.
Yep!!
Set up right with all the right tune etc it would be more durable..
If your going to pull an engine apart to overhaul ?? I would fit forged pistons and rods to be near bullet proof...

Yep to think N/Z stock cars do it with ONE carb.. Well the rules used to be 1 carb..??
I'd like to see pics of 1uz stock car motors..

Yep!!
Set up right with all the right tune etc it would be more durable..
If your going to pull an engine apart to overhaul ?? I would fit forged pistons and rods to be near bullet proof...

Yep to think N/Z stock cars do it with ONE carb.. Well the rules used to be 1 carb..??
I'd like to see pics of 1uz stock car motors..

couldnt agree more!

If an overhaul is being done, save your self the labour costs and install pistons and rods.

then the world is your oyster :D
there isnt much to see, just a 1uz, missing the plastic, with a carby manifold and carby. running an MSD.

whats an MSD ?

Spoke to Kevin at Kelford he said a few years ago a 1UZ stock car engine development .. Netted 480 h.p at 10,000 rpm ...Believe it or not the Ford with destroked crank and Aussie CHI Jon Kaase heads were making 520 at 9,500rpm...
An old school mate Craig Pullman was one of the first to use Westlake heads etc
on a little 221Cid,w v8 Ford...Glade I don't have to pay for the maintenance valve gear etc.. Titanium valves, retainers etc..
If you a stock car and what they do with them!!! You would be VERY surprised the engine they use..
Yep this what they do FREAGEN awesome.. Miss this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9iFiRpi8JY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV0z...4BCBABF2&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMi2HceuDU&NR=1

Btw it is part of the sport to run each other off the road .. Much like Nascar ...
The best races are the teams where out of town guys 4 each race to one team defeats the other ..

Oh if you wander what Tiger Woods caddy does when Tigers not playing golf ???
Here's Steve Williams in a Stock - stock car..Possibly a 4 ltr 6 cyl ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMsOGPkhNOg&feature=related

Last edited:
if I remember correctly he said;

he is "pulling your leg"
Try working out the bhp and lb/ft figures, they do not add up.

480bhp at 10000 = 252lb/ft
534bhp at 8800 = 318lb/ft - max torque 338lb/ft at 7800 = 502bhp
562bhp at 10000 = 295lb/ft

550lb/ft at ????
Sure does drop a lot of torque to max bhp.

He said that he was getting fines from the racign body because the cam sizzor gears were too loud at 10,500rpm, be that he was planning to fit different gears to push the motor to 11,000 because it was hurting his results not too.

Standard and Kelford scissor gears are silent at 9500rpm.

so it seems unrealistic for me to try for these number NA, i might have to look at a good roots style blower and just leave it out of the bonnet, thanks for everyones help

With such a light and torque engine..
400 / 450h.p would be achievable IMO especially a big bore block..
400 h.p would be equivalent to 500 h.p 350 Chevy due to lighter weight..