Ingitors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Shuey

Hey Crew,

Just picked up an engine for my next project but it is missing the ignitors... wondering whether there are any alternatives to the factory ones (ie interchangeable ones from some other motor) or whether I have to do a mad hunt for some originals?

Engine is a 1990 Crown Royal Saloon mid sump.

Cheers,

Shuey

I"m about 50% but I do believe there may be ones from a camry which are the same part No. LS400 or SC400 will work but they have slightly different connectors. So if you get one from these you might want to get the connectors as well.

I'm going from memory here (7 years) so if someone has more up to date/accurate infio then please post away.

No they won't. The ECU will stop sending the fire signal because it needs the feedback signal from the stock ignitor to check thats everythings OK.
I can't imagine it would be too difficult to make a feedback signal. If anyone needs it I will look into it.

Have a search the part number on ebay.com. I found heaps of 1uz ignitors there. I got my 2 ignitors delivered to my door in Hobart Tas from Texas in the US for $100 AU.

This was a good option as Toyota was going to charge me about $850 for the 2

Thanks for the feed back crew. I bit of sniffing around on Ebay has found that there are a list of Ignitors that MAY do the job. I'll head down to my local wrecker later this week and see what I can find in the way of part numbers and report back.

CHe, I'm thinking that I might be going down the same road as you and getting some in from the US. I have a feeling that my trusty local wrecker is going to want around 60% of the new price. Who did you get them from? Private or Ebay Store?

Cheers,

Shuey

Sorry, I can't remember if it was Private or an Ebay Store.
Correct me if I am wrong but there are 2 types of ignitors the 1uz motor with the follows part numbers.

89621-12050 (from the soarer and a little harder to source)

89621-12010 (from the crown, etc.)

You only need to use the different ones because of the plugs on the engines original looms.

Here's the search for you, just sure they ship worldwide. There is one their for $10 US but you need 2.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=89621-12010&sacat=6000%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fts=2&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1