Info wanted on a 1UZFE for a crusier

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Thommo 73

i would like to know what motor would be best for putting into a FJ 73, i can get a 1UZ-FE from the wreckers i work at, it's in a soarar AUTO (93-95) with a rear sump, (E-UZZ31-ACPZK) trans/axle code is A341E-A01A, it has a traction control thingy on top and thats about all i know and it's going to set me back $1000 bucks :veryhappy for the half cut

And what would i need to mate it up to a H55 5speed gear box. and anything else i need to know would be great

Cheers
Andrew

FJ62 with M55F g/box

Hi!, Ive just completed a similar conversion you are about to undertake. I had to have the Input Shaft lengthened by 80mm, and a spacer built for the bellhousing. Some of the FJs have a 5%-10% tilt to one side as well. I have had a Flywheel made that is mostly Cruiser, with the UZ Ring Gear on the back. All of the conversion works well other than the engine stalls on deceleration. Im trying to get to the bottom of that problem now. I also have a KZJ78 Prado thats auto and have found they are equal in power, but the diesel runs out of revs. Im a bit disappointed in the power, but the fuel economy is suprisingly good. Ive used a sump off the 2UZ powered 100 series Cruiser, which was a bolt-on. Makes no sense to make one when Toyota have them on the shelf. Oil capacity is now 6 and a bit liters. I also used the 2UZ oil pick-up/strainer and dipstick. Came to about US$400 for the lot. Will be posting PIX soon.

thanks for that, the motor is still in the shed (still working out mating the motor and GB together), photos would be great !

Cheers Thommo

FJ62 - 1UZ coversion.

I finished that project ages ago. Found the problem to the stalling at de-celleration. NO speed sensor. After that, it was awesome. I think it was operating on "start mode". Once it got a "speed" signal, It became a different story. I did about 20,000kms in it but my wife wouldnt be seen dead in it anyway so I sold it. I want to up-load some PIX but seems complicated. Can e-mail them to interested members.
Ive just finished a 93 Prado on an auto. Engine is out of a 97 LS400 with 27,000kms I got while living in Japan.
I found that running a 1UZ with standard management, "tricked" into running a manual. Was lacking in torque mainly because of the ECU doesnt need to produce the goods until the TC gets to "lock-up". Definitely no plugger.

what would you like to know?. i have finished the conversion and loving it!.
i'm using an aftermarket ecu and crs conversion kit. had a little trouble with it at first but they have sorted it out and it's going strong. besides being on the second motor but the=ats cause it didnt agree with a bonnet deep bog hole.