info for a new deck

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
First question is size... single din or double? If standard single then you will need an install kit that includes the cover for the lower din, usually comes with a "cubby hole" to fill unused area.

Second is a wiring harness... decks come with universal but you need to splice your wires to each speaker and the ignition + ground. If you can source a $20 harness from the deck's manufacturer for the SC then all you need to do is snap the plug into the back of the deck and your done.

third consideration is what do you plan to do overall? Do you want amps and subs? If so then you need a deck with preouts, 1 per amp.

Brand, best names are Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer and Pioneer premier series, and Sony makes decent decks, but thats it lol. I just listed these as personal preference and personal experiences.

If you plan to get it installed NEVER have it done at best buy or like stores. Private shops usually know whats up. Hope this helps

^ what he said. :) You need to decide what you want: single DIN or double DIN. Are you going to add amplifiers or do you just want to be able to play CD's (or DVD's if you get a double DIN) up front and keep all of your factory speakers?

The harness that you'll get for your car doesn't have speaker connections, so you won't have to worry about that. The harness for our cars uses the basics (power, remote, and ground) and the harness has RCA's attached to it which are the preamp signal for external amplifiers. In an SC, the amplifier for the for speakers (well, six speakers without the subwoofer technicially...but it's still only a 4 channel amp because the front tweeters aren't really crossed over at all via the amplifier or signal - they're just piggy-backed along with the front 4.5's) resides in the back under the CD changer. So from the factory head unit, it only sends out a preamp level signal to feed the factory amplifier in the back.

i'd say all i want is a single din. dont want to add amps or anything. just keep it stock appearing. maybe replace some speakers later on down the road. so, all i would need is the deck, (their) sc connector, and an install kit? install kits i can get from an auto parts store i'm assuming? thanx guys!

You'll have to order an installation kit from somewhere that sells the Metra kit (Metra is the brand) for the SC. Metra makes two different models; one for a single din, another for the double din. Make sure you order the kit for the single din.

If all you want is an up-front CD player and don't plan on adding amplifiers later on, the choice is really up to you. Get whatever you like the best.

Your stock setup is designed for a balanced range of frequencies, with a deck the range tends to keep the lows out of the equation as an external amp/sub is an easy add on... and allows the gain to be raised higher overall. This doesnt mean you can't have your cake and eat it too. I would check out the adjustments it has and increase the "low frequency" or drop the "crossover" where the deck says whats too low. If you can easily change the frequency I would keep it above 60-70hz, any lower blows stock speakers, or if you want to mess with it keep the volume within reason. Good luck, BTW, is that the seibon vented hood? looks sweet

hey thanx for the info spf_lexus. i will be adjusting this on monday. btw yea it is vented but my wife had me remove because she dosent like it. so now i have to sell it. go figure.