In line air filter housing?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

I've been trying to find an alternative (cost wise) to the Carbon Dynamics style of inline air filter housings and am wondering if anyone knows if there's a more affordable version available?

Something where you can have an induction pipe (like from a snorkel on 4WD) that feeds into an airfilter and then continues on to the AFM. When I make the snorkel it has to run through something, my old airbox is annoying me and isn't high enough flowing.

Like this:

infoCDA1.jpg
infoCDA2.jpg

When you've got the mortgage and what not it's a bit hard to justify $650 on a filter when you have other plans :salook::biggthumpup:

Alternatively I thought about just running a pod filter up the back corner of the engine bay as water is highly unlikely to reach there, but i'm concerned about the quality and temp of the air it will breath.

I nearly killed my engine at a recent comp and it was only from driving (too fast) through knee deep water, my filter got a gut full of muddy water, the airbox is behind the headlight like usual (4Runner conversion).

Unifilter in Hornsby make a filter that fits inside a 3 inch intake pipe. It is sort of like a wind sock and is about 1 foot long. Give them a call, they are very helpfull and will have what you need.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Emailed em yesterday to double check just how these work, if it's just any pod inside etc. $450 cheaper than the BMC.

DSCF0072.JPG