Ignition only

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

My car is getting manifold injected gas set up at the end of this month and i was wondering what you could use to control the ignition as the gas set up hs its own computer.. BUt how could you set the igntion computer up to only come on for gas and stay off when running petrol

I'd like to move this thread into the Alternate Fuels area if you don't mind?

Normally the LPG computers piggyback onto the OEM ECU, so you keep your existing ignition, and the LPG ECU just turns on its injectors when you're on gas and turns off the petrol ones. Then vice versa when you're on petrol.

Maybe you're saying you'd like to recurve the ignition to "optimise" it for gas, then switch back to the standard map for petrol? If this is what you're after, I don't think it's possible because it's hard coded in the Lexus ECU.

There might be some clever boxes out there that could "fool" the OEM ECU by introducing delays in the Ne, G1 or G2 signals, but that would be dodgy....

yeh thats fine to move the thread. but you have already answered the question i needed. Because of gas running considerably leaner i wouldv thought it would be a chance to maximize power by advancing the curve, but after some researching most ignition controllers will only advance to 15' and from what my memory serves me standard lexus timings nearer to 22'. the computer that comes with the gas kit piggybacks the oem computer and copies what it does but you have to configure the ratio difference between the gas and petrol to air ratio