Hydrogen Generator

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
There's plenty of home built versions on youtube. I actually helped a student build a controller for one last week, the cell used concentric tubes and water. I am very dubious about how well the generators work, it seems a lot of energy is required to create a few bubbles of hydrogen, so don't really see the point...

how about a link or somthg there dave?

I built one as a kid, i used the hydrogen to float a rc blimp i made.

I was big into rc cars bats planes and models in my predriving years. i still have a few of my toys still.

haha i was the same way with legos althogh i think it was the 80s for me, i was a bit to old to be satisfied by legos before the 90s.

Now I KNOW that these can't make more power than they drain themselves, because it violates the law of conservation of energy - you can't make more power turning H and O back into H2O than you spent taking it apart. Thats why you can't make the car run solely off these generators.

That stated, perhaps adding such a perfectly balanced mixture to the combustion event makes a more complete and efficient burn of the petrol, getting more power that way. Like nitrous, or propane to a diesel. I've been curious about it myself. Many of the websites I've seen have a lot of the trappings of "pseudo-science", but there might be some actual value. I think if I was to put this on a vehicle I'd try it on a cheap one!

Im not even sure what product dave was talking about becouse he never posted any info at all. no link no nothing, just a link called hydrogen generator witch could be any number of things.

im not being Cryptic, ive just said it a few times in the thread alreadly. there where no refrances to what the origonal topic is about, dave wrote his post about a spicific item and everyone was just left gussing about what that item is. yes i realize i can google all day long about these things. that still wont tell anyone about the spicific item dave was refering to. Dave = Lextreme

Well I made a few assumptions. Since we are in an automotive forum and the "Fuel, Ignition, Air, & Tuning" section specifically I figured he meant Hydrogen generators as applied to introducing the hydrogen into the intake of an automotive engine as a fuel. Since there is a TON of internet hype about this process his comment made me more certain, and since there are about a billion sites dedicated to this with varying degrees of polish and professionalism, it would be hard to pick one as representative of the idea as a whole. My pick was purely arbitrary.

Anyway, my point is: I don't think he had a specific "Brand X" hydrogen generator in mind, but I do think I am correct in divining the general direction of his inquiry.

Fair enough?:fest06:

as a performance adder sure but no 40% better gas milage and it drains your battery down i screwed with them for awhile didnt see any great gains not worth the money

Wont and cant work.

There is a cool fuel cell which runs on Natural Gas-Methane (CH4) Which can generate electricity for your house.

Getting Hydrogen and storing it are 2 different things, its so small it leaks, its freakin dangerous and it takes 4 times the energy that it makes to extract it. Sooo every litre of hydrogen might cost 4 litres of petrol for example.

Better off running something that already exists.

OR

Check out electric cars... really cool and a GS430 with the cd of .25 would be an awesome donor car to do it. Search for EV's on google.