Hybrids

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hybrid cars... is it really worth the money and saving? One example will be the Honda Civic. They hybrid version is normally $5000 over the standard version. I calculated and it would take about 8 years of ownership in order to have a positive return. When I calculated this was when the gas at its highest. I would assume it would take 10 years with today's prices. However, my electric hybrid battery normally last around 4-5 years and I have heard they are around $4000-$5000 to replace.

From economic stand point, you are not really saving on hybrid. What do u think?

Hybrids are just stupid in my opinion. It's just a bad compromise. We either need more fuel efficient cars in general (like what Ford's EcoBoost campaign is shooting for) or plug in electric cars.

The problem with electric cars is that utilities prices are going to SKYROCKET out of control the second Obama starts to come down hard on the coal industry. You can't deny that's what he's going to do, he's said it himself on many occasions.

Anyways with gas prices going back down, and the effect on the environment of producing and getting rid of the batteries for Hybrids. Hybrids are actually WORSE for your wallet and WORSE for the planet. Congrats hippies, you've failed us again :(

Until battery technology gets better, or hydrogen magically becomes less stable. We've got nothing but gas and corn to burn.

small diesels would be a better way to go, they get steller gas milage, are not noisey clunky slow lumps people tend to brand diesels as, and the technology is already developed and been implemented and proven in the real world for many years. there is even room for the ultra hippy/ hobbyist to run them on greese and get near 0$ per mile and 0% bad emmisions at the same time.

I just purchased a new Volkswagen Polo for my son to drive.

$25,000 on the road. The diesel version was $3,000 more and currently unleaded is $1.11 per litre and diesel $1.35 per litre.

The car would need to drive over 500,000km at the 1.5litres less per 100km to over the cost.

This is for a 16 year old who will most likely write it off before it does 50,000km. And no I wouldn't put him in a clunker or some Asian ecobox he's cost too much allready.

Fwd are not so bad now with stability control and ABS air bags etc..
I like the Suzuki SX4 with its awd..
Diesels are better on heavier vehicles..
Though again technology is gaining big time with computer controlled injectors etc..
Electric cars will be o/k to travel to work, esp in city driving..
Its NOT like we can go faster than 40 KPH anyway in peak traffic hours..
Something along the lines of the sports Smart car in elect motor..
IF I CAN FIT IN ONE !! Lol...