How-To: Replace the fog light bulbs on a '91 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexicon

Hi guys!

I just replaced the fog lights on my '91 LS400 with H3s so if you're interested in the swap then take a look at this quick write-up ;)

**TOOLS AND PARTS**

10mm Socket. Phillips and Flat head screw driver. ramps or a very steady jack. and a small tub/bucket. H3 Bulbs

**Procedure**

1.Pull down fog lights to reveal 2 screws. Remove these. For reference take a look at this LS400 fog light diagram

2.Jack car up or put on Ramps.

3.Under the front bumper are plastic covers bolted to the bottom of the car. there are about 10 bolts across the front, and 4 further back. All 10mm, Remove these.

4.Once these covers are out of the way slide under the car and look up (safety glasses are a good idea, lots of dirt up there!) here we should see the back of the fog light unit. at the bottom of each unit are two small openings with clips that hold the fog light housing in. these can be quite stiff but ease these out with the flat head screw driver, if you can pull the fog light out from the front at the same time.

5.Back to the front of the car. You should now have the fog light out, remove rubber housing and you should see two wires, disconnect these.

6.Remove bulb from housing. Read on if you want to remove yellow glass. you will notice that the bulb housing has 2 screws in. undo these and remove bulb housing.

You will see that the housing has yellow glass round it. Put all housing parts into a the small bucket, and smash the glass with the end of your screwdriver or a small hammer.

7. I used 6000k (HID Style) H3 Bulbs. 5000K Or higher will give you the blue/white light. the higher the colour temp the bluer the bulb.