Project Thread How does your downpipe run

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Boostage

I have been looking at pics of the underside of sc's and GS's and I cant see HOW you can fit a downpipe (or two) under there.

if someone does something like this..

IMG_0741.jpg

how is there room for the downpipe to mate up to the exhaust without being directly below the oil pan and tranny which would probably scrape the road.

haust-section-for-s-and-s-headers-sc400-front-pipe.jpg

I run a twin downpipe (flattened up to 1.5" from 2.25" pipe) underneath the cross memember and the oil pan. I only scrape them only once in awhile. :tongue: But none of the pipes hit the oil pan. I still have 3" ground clearance. There's actually room on passenger side, along and underneath the header for the downpipe. It'll be tight but there's enough room for a 2.5" going to the turbo, and a 3" downpipe back. What car is yours?

A GS has better ground clearance than the SC so I think the downpipe underneath should be ok. As long as you have 4" off the ground, you're safe. I used to have lowered Hondas with 3" ground clearance with no problem. The trick is to separate the twin pipes so the middle is empty and higher. So when you go over uneven ground, you can avoid the sharp point on the surface better.