Parts hotrod 1uzfe hotrod crank from a customer who didnt pay`

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

defrag010

So, zero posts by me, and the only reason I signed up here was to research the 1uz a little bit from having a customer bring one in and want me to do a hotrod build on it.
one of his 1uz rods was broke, his block was cracked from having overheated, and he lost the cam caps off of his heads. I told him his motor was worthless except the crank. We got together, and we decided on finding a 3uzfe and using that to build his shortblock using his parts, and he was going to find some heads. He was supposed to get the 3uz block, the pistons, and the rods, and I was going to grind the crank and assemble everything. I ground the crank, and he called me up and told me he didn't have enough money to do anything....... so, now I have this freshly ground 1uz hotrod crank.

The crank got my usual treatment of vatting, UV dye check for cracks, checked for straightness (it was), etc.

It's ground .010" on the mains, size is on the low side of spec of exactly 2.6273" (picture and reason later). Rods were index ground so that they are all Exactly 3.25" stroke and Exactly 90 degrees apart. Over time, alot of stock cranks will twist or bend slightly, and you can see as much as twenty thousandths of difference in stroke and swing between rod journals on a stock crank. Index grinding makes each journal exactly the same in stroke and separation from the others, and instead of centering on each rod journal which can make your rod throws inconsistant, this keeps everything even. The rods were ground to exactly 1.8885", which is the low side of spec for the intended bearings (CB-1663H). Rods and mains are on the low side because we were going to use a high volume oil pump, and he was planning on making alot of power, and I didn't want his oil to overheat.

This crank is for use in a 3UZFE STD bore block, for use with 6 inch carrillo "nascar" rods that are on ebay (2.015" big end bore, less than .870" big end width, .866" pin bore, 6 inch length), and probe 14118-030 (3.581" bore) pistons. Rods and mains have a 5/64" radius. This steel crank has NO hardness inconsistancies (means it is metallurgically strong), and has unmeasurable taper and runout on all of the journals.

It takes alot of time and patience to index grind a crank, especially when you are cutting the rods down to honda journal size. His labor bill for just the crank work was over 300 dollars. I'd like to cut my losses and ask for 200$ shipped to the lower 48 for this crank.
I probably won't check this every day, so the best way to reach me is by e-mail. I don't have any posts on this forum, but I am everywhere, and you can just google my screen name and see me all over the place.

1uz001pl7.jpg

picture of the mic on the rod journals to prove the size, modified for those who can't read a mic
1uzfe001sw9.jpg

same thing on the mains
1uzfe003dk7.jpg

I think you just caught everyone away from their computers with the Labor Day weekend, etc.

If my motor wasn't already 95% built, I'd pick up your crank myself. It's a steal at that price, if it's all that you say it is.

There's a couple guys here who are just beginning their engine builds, so you can expect to see some responses this week.

His labor bill for just the crank work was over 300 dollars. I'd like to cut my losses and ask for 200$ shipped to the lower 48 for this crank.

wouldnt the person have paid a deposit though?

if its something custom, you'd be pretty stupid not to ask for a deposit...

Do you think the 6" would be too long of the rods? Lexus motor is not that tall and the compression height might be compromise due to longer rods.

wouldnt the person have paid a deposit though?

if its something custom, you'd be pretty stupid not to ask for a deposit...
yeah, the one time i don't get a deposit and the guy runs off.

lextreme, the 6" rods aren't too long at all.. the pistons that we planned to use for this have a 1.115" compression height. It works out to around .010" shorter overall than the stock rod and piston... and with the index grind, the stroke on every rod throw will be exactly the same.

Someone give me 125 shipped to the lower 48 for this thing, If no one buys it at that price, then it will be melted down by my local metal recycler (who pays decent)

crank is going in the scrap dumpster wednesday morning. no room, no use for it, and no one to buy it.... everyone say bye bye!!!!!

crank is going in the scrap dumpster wednesday morning. no room, no use for it, and no one to buy it.... everyone say bye bye!!!!!

ok, stop BSing...

last time I checked, a crank didn't actually take up SO MUCH space, that you had to just throw it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0641.JPG
    IMG_0641.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 0
haha, if you only knew.. it's not taking up much direct space, but that's because it is in my room because my garage is so full of stuff that I can't even walk around, let alone put more stuff in there.
I have thrown away things that have made people cringe before...... if I have no use for it, and I can't sell it, then what's the point in keeping it? so far this week, I've put a good VG30E shortblock in the scrap dumpster, ive put 3 good chevy blocks, a couple pairs of chevy TBI swirlport heads, a KA24DE ACT clutch kit, a 7mgte supra head. It's time to get things GONE, and I don't have a conscience when it comes to scraping things I'm not going to use or sell.

i mean seriously, what's the point of me keeping this thing if no one buys it and I don't have a 1uz to build it with?

I have thrown away things that have made people cringe before...... if I have no use for it, and I can't sell it, then what's the point in keeping it? so far this week, a 7mgte supra head.
I hear you. A few years ago I needed to get rid of a '92 Supra Turbo 7MGTE head because I had no room for it. It was perfectly fine as far as I could tell, but nobody wanted it at all - so I threw it in the dumpster.