Hit a Block Wall

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Well,

I double check everything before I install my motor. The motor turns find without any issue. After the my engine when into the car with TH400 transmission, the engine doesnt turn completely. It turns about 340 degrees and it hit something solid. I have check valve clearance, valve buckets for jamming, torque converter bolts, main and engine girdle. I inserted a flexible magnet snake into the sparkplug holes and try to fish out any type of metal in the cylinder. No luck yet. Spent 4 hours today with SPF and we took out the lower portion of the car (cross member and supporting beam) to check the oil pick up and girdle and came out nothing. The next thing is to get a borescope and see what in the cylinder. Regardless what I find, looks like the engine need to come out again. If something is aluminum the magnet would not work....

I am thinking about one of this:

This snakescope Offers both highter resolution image quality and superior flexibility that allows the scope to be used for applications that do not have straight line of sight such as moto engine/pump/pressure vessels and more. With an advanced type of andoscope that houses with miniature 1/6″CMOS chip embedded into the small 14mm diameter tube head and come in length from1m~20m optional. 2 super bright LED surrounds the camera lens, with adjustable LED brightness manully when the light level drops.
It helps you get into a hard to reach places, making it a useful scope. A very handy pipeline inspection device a nifty surveillance tool

However, I need something that can look to the side instead of straight...

Attachments

• borescope-1.jpg
    borescope-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
  • borescope-2.jpg
    borescope-2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 81
David with all your medical contacts, you should be able to score a more flexible endoscope. Just tell your mates you need to do an upper GI on a V8.

Failing that, if you happen to know any of the Caterpillar guys, they'll have super duper borescopes with Polaroid cameras, PC connections, etc.

Last edited:
Stevechumo will be helping me to take out the tranny and do some more test. If still not working, engine will be coming out. We are pretty much know the engine inside out now and should able to take out the engine in less then 45 minutes between two of us.

^^^ I might have some free time next weekend. So if you guys need an extra hands. I'll be happy to help out too.

Yes thinking the TH400 conversion is not quite right..
My alloy adapter has the wrong bolt spacing to flex plate..
Unless they have different bolt patterns on 1uz flex plates??