High Compression

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Laine what kind of fuel are you running at 13.8:1, and what sort of output are you getting?

I didn't see any mention of cams, but surely you're not on stock cams with all the other things you've done?

the fuel is 100 octaine and yea i forgot to add that it has kelford cams and heavy duty valve springs i would be interested in how you think 480 whp is made and what sort of cam is big enough for my engine. my cam is camlift 350" and duration at .050" camlift is 242" is that big enough for the proposed hp as i have not dyno tuned it yet

12:1 compression ratio is very achieveable as i run 13.8:1 in my 1UZ with custom made ross pistons and carbon fibre head gaskets. My engine has also been bored and sleeved out to 4.3 ltr is dry sumped , lightened and balenced crank and rods ,ported and polished heads with 8 throttle bodies.plus a full set of arp bolts. A must if you want it to hold together at 9000 rpm
That's is an impressive setup, I would be hoping for more than 100 hp per liter. Have you got any headflow figures? I came to this board looking for a light high out put V8. I have a Porsche and the V8s are heavy and expensive to modify. They do however have brilliant heads when modified properly and can produce 110 hp per liter. They don't however have variable cam timing as such the idle is a little lumpy. BTW they can be stroked and bored to 6.5 liters. The best one on the dyno was 711 hp in NA form and enough torque to tear almost any driveline apart.

Cheers Greg

P.S anybody got any accurate weights for these engines, if you please say whether it includes the accessories.

100hp per liter is becomming a new common practice among OEM engines in NA format from 4cyl to 8cyl.

nsx out of a 3.2L makes 290hp in standard trim.
ferrari f430, 4.3L makes 430hp in standard trim.
bmw m3, 3.2L makes 333hp in standard trim.
bmw m5 older gen, 5.0L 400hp in standard trim.
new bmw m5 5.0L makes 500hp in standard trim.
gm ls7 7.0L makes 505hp in standard trim.
gm ls2 6.0L makes 400hp in standard trim.
gm ls1 5.7L makes 345hp in standard trim.

4age, 1.6L makes 240hp in race trim
k20a, 2.0L makes 380hp in race trim
f20c, 2.0L makes 380 in race trim
b20/vtec, 2.0L makes 250whp in affordable race trim

480hp is a rough estimate for a fully built engine with a big cam. i wouldn't know what cams is considered big for the UZ engine family this is all pretty new to me comming from a 4age background. 400-450bhp is a more viable estimation, but who knows! i didn't build the engine or test it, just throwing out numbers to hit the jackpot! let us know when you dyno that baddd boy of an engine!

100hp per liter is becomming a new common practice among OEM engines in NA format from 4cyl to 8cyl.

nsx out of a 3.2L makes 290hp in standard trim.
ferrari f430, 4.3L makes 430hp in standard trim.
bmw m3, 3.2L makes 333hp in standard trim.
bmw m5 older gen, 5.0L 400hp in standard trim.
new bmw m5 5.0L makes 500hp in standard trim.
gm ls7 7.0L makes 505hp in standard trim.
gm ls2 6.0L makes 400hp in standard trim.
gm ls1 5.7L makes 345hp in standard trim.

4age, 1.6L makes 240hp in race trim
k20a, 2.0L makes 380hp in race trim
f20c, 2.0L makes 380 in race trim
b20/vtec, 2.0L makes 250whp in affordable race trim

480hp is a rough estimate for a fully built engine with a big cam. i wouldn't know what cams is considered big for the UZ engine family this is all pretty new to me comming from a 4age background. 400-450bhp is a more viable estimation, but who knows! i didn't build the engine or test it, just throwing out numbers to hit the jackpot! let us know when you dyno that baddd boy of an engine!

Dont mean to lurk and bring this one up from the dead, but the F430 actually makes 112 bhp per liter, which gives an impressive 483 bhp:shock:

Would a stock tuned ECU with 98 octane run on 12:1 compression? Reason being that when I eventually put my 1UZ in to the supra, I don't want to bother with taking it out again to fit the pistons later when I can afford the aftermarket management + tune. Is it better to wait for the management before conversion? Sorry to hijack the thread

I was going to say, the nice thing about high compression is the decreased tendency to detonate, as I think Laine will attest to. It provides a sort of "artificial quench."

Now before you guys jump on me and say that it makes no sense, obviously you'll have to run lower timing to achieve a happy tune on pump gas, but that's really the goal of power production: make the burn happen as fast as possible, without detonation, and you don't need lots of timing advance.