HELP Steer me away from a Chevy LSx

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
How come is easy.

The LSx is smaller, lighter, bigger capacity, makes power more easily, has vastly more aftermarket support, comes with a tunable ECU etc etc.

The only area where the LSx doesn't make more sense is there's no Toyota badge :(

I guess there are Toyota equivalents witn the UR series but hell expensive and pretty damn heavy.

I have much love for the UZ :) but when you are out gunned, there's no point denying it

awww man, you've confirmed what i first thought really.

Only downside is initial outlay really. The LSx are quite a bit of money.

over here its expensive to get an LS, the only modern, cheap v8 is the 1uz, if there was better aftermarket the 1uz would reay take off

Lol wtf if it works then what does it matter I recommend it if your looking for low budget add on performance since we don't have enough displacement to make big numbers n/a or $5-12k to sling out for a good turbo setup.

Personally I'm not a fan of sc's but for a street car with extra oomph im all in but if budget is not a factor twin gt35's or single t70 all the way.

I'd bet your first born that you have access to more equipment and far more experience then the average diy guy. :D

yeah your looking at 4.5k+ just for a LS1 engine and box over here.

Bloody hell, i just sold a genuine 30,000km engine with full loom and ECU plus a few other odds and ends for $2.5K.....should have put it up on UK Ebay ;)

With cam and tune an LS2 will make 300rwkw easy in n/a form.

possible with and LS1 as well although a little more work involved.

With pretty decent heads/intake and an extra 1.7+litres to play with a UZ is always going to struggle by comparison.

Still i am perservering and my new built engine for the GT8 is still a UZ :)

when we say 4.5k, we mean pounds aswell, not dollars, so your taking more like $6-7k
thats why we dont use them much

exactly, heres an example of what we have to pay for a LS:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monaro-LS..._CarParts_SM&hash=item43af4439cb#ht_500wt_949

WANT, LOTS!

Iv'e just bought a MINT LS400 (way too good to break really) for £750. By the time its stripped and weighed in, i reckon it will owe me £500 for the engine.

Iv'e been doing even MORE reading, and i have to say the single turbo option looks viable too. Iv'e just always wanted a S/charged car, but the price of the kits put me off.

Like justen Says, i reckon its probably the cheapest way, but i dont fancy the extra piping thats all. :p

Stuff me. I should start exporting these to the UK ;) Freight would only be approx $500AUD and i can find you an engine for between $2K and $3K, km dependant.

Still, on average, the 3 UZs i have been thru have cost me $600AUD which is hard to beat value if your hp goals are modest.