Help Me Set Up My M90 On My Sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sc400rayray

CAN ANYONE MAKE ME A custom manifold FOR THE SC400, I JUST BOUGHT THE M90 BLOWER, IF ANYONE CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO GO TO AND SEE HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO BUILD ONE I HEAD THEY GO FOR ABOUT 500 OR SO?

DO I NEED A SMALLER PULLEY MADE AS WELL
ANY INFO WOULD HELP THANKS

hi ray--hey guys, ray is one of the few people that have been for a short ride in rdms TTsc400.. i may be helping ray with this, but have never done this before..so any help/info would be usefull..
isnt there someone on this forum who makes a mani for a supercharger? in the US? or am i gonna need to do some fabbing/welding/grinding?

no they are different. Rushimport is own by Neil Griffiths. Lextremely nice guy. FAT is own by Danny. I have few emails with him, but still need to learn more about him.

Ray,
You need much MORE than a Manifold mate.

The problem I have been seeing with someone making manifolds Etc for charging the 1UZ is the sales ratio is about 1:1000..Many emails about wanting..But pricing has to be in $50 bracket before it would be sold..Say for arguments sake I made a Manifold to suit an Eaton MP90..Inquiry would be for MP112..or Twin Screw..or Mustang charger to fit Etc,Etc..
Or !!
*I can make one for $49.95,Why are you so expensive*

I have to pay for things to be constructed / designed, I cant argue the pricing with them, because I want it done.(That is how that company makes it's living)

Sometimes I scratch my head and wonder why some big company in the USA isnt making Blower kits Etc for the SC / LS !! You have far more of these cars over there than there is here ??

C's make a kit in Japan (Very expensive).No one argues with them about pricing, They just buy them and install them.(A used kit just sold on Yahoo Japan for 383,000y)And it wasnt complete.

Neil, the problem in the States is that the 1UZ is still an unknown compared to the SBC and other domestic motors. This list probably represents the cutting edge of where the 1UZ is over here at the moment. Very few Americans, except the kit car crowd and this list, know about this motor, which is why you can buy them for $300 or $400 (USD) on eBay. Even the kit car crowd still prefer the SBC and its variants for simplicity and availability of cheap performance options.

The handful of American 1UZ faithfuls on this list are still puttering around their garages, trying to fabricate one-off stuff; it's a situation not unlike the 2JZ-GTE motor was in the Supra 8-10 years ago when a few enterprising individuals around the country decided to pull the stock twins off, and put big singles on. Back then, they had to hand fabricate everything, now all this stuff is bolt-on from 4-5 sources, and a Supra can be "singled" in a weekend.

You guys in Oz are WAY ahead of us with the 1UZ, but the first time somebody over here hits 1000 BHP with a blown 1UZ, look out. I'm sure there will be a stampede of people wanting to know more about these motors. I wish I owned a metal shop; I'd get setup to start building SC intake manifolds, turbo kits, and tranny adaptors. The single turbo kits for the 2JZ made some people a lot of money several years ago; there's no reason why the same thing can't happen with the 1UZ.

Shoot, I may just buy a few more of these $300 motors - they're probably better investments than my stocks ATM!

John

Thanks John,
Yeah,Same here.10years ago a 1UZ could be had for $800AUD.No one knew how to run it..HAHAHAHAH.
Lots of Cobra kit cars over here have seen the light.1UZ is there choice now.

If I had the money,,Yeah,,I'd hook in,But..being a VERY small workshop makes it harder.Only 1 Employee & me :).

I am in the process of selling my home so I can further investigate / make mod's for the Soarer / SC400.

With the SBC,Yeah.heaps of cheap bits over there for them hey.52 States = Lots of Engines.And then they have the Export.

With the 1000BHP..Is that in a Daily Driver or Drag setup ??

RE: the 1000 HP, there's evidently a friendly competition going on to see who can have first bragging rights to 1000 HP with the 1UZ. How it happens, and in what sort of chassis hasn't been, and probably won't be, part of the equation.

Max (Red Supra) is building a monster motor ATM, Chrisman has one running already, David (Lextreme) seems to have several irons in the fire with his single turbo, twin turbo, and SC projects, and Andrew (Turboandrew) is test fitting a 2UZ in his MKIV Supra. The rest of us are wannabe's watching from the sidelines (apologies to anyone I left off).

John

Neil,

I agree with your comments on price.

I've almost finished my manifold and I won't see any change out of $500.00 and I've done all fabrication (except the TIG welding) and spent tens of hours cutting grinding and test fitting. Just to move my starter was $200.00 in fabrication costs, which is top of the $500.00.

Anyone who can make and sell a manifold for less than $6-700.00 is doing it for love not money.

Only in Australia, or gear-head heaven, would there be aftermarket support for an engine that was never sold there.
Sounds like a nice place.

bullet supercars use an m90 on their cars and are getting into the kit and parts market, not just for their cars so they may do just a manifold. They have a website but not 100% sure of their address off the top of my head.