Hello

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

YotaOFFroad27

Hi, Im new to the forum. My name is Daylon Im from North Carolina. I joined this forum because I am exploring the options I have for a V8 swap in my 99 Tacoma. I am looking at the 2uz, and auto trans. However after a brief over look of the forum, Most of the tech is for the 1uz, am I in the right place? Should I shut up and keep reading? And helpful tips would be welcome.

Yota:cool:

Welcome we cover all Toyota V8 topics. Why 2uzfe?

Thanks!! well The 2uz is an OBDII motor, and they not that rare.

4.7L in tacoma will be a torque monster. I have no objections! :D

I am looking to do some towing with my truck, and the 2.7 isnt cutting anything! Although.. Im sure if my plan will work out or not. I think the Laws in my state may limit my truck to what the factory says it can tow, no matter the mods.

Just go with a r150F for the transmission instead.

How would I make the computer think the Auto was still there and working normally?

Welcome Yota.

Thanks!

a lot of the uz family ecu's don't care if the auto isn't there.

hmmmm really? The reason I am :confused: is because about a year ago I swapped a manual transmission in place of my auto. I was told that the ecu in my Tacoma would care if the auto was missing... I bought an ecu that was from a truck that had an manual and It has been loving life ever since.

How is a 2uz Auto transmission controlled? A CEL (Check Engine Light) is an automatic fail for inspection in North Carolina.

Any Information would be great! I take it someone makes a bell housing to mate a 2uz to a R150F?

4U2QUIK right, you'll get a check engine light but it will run just fine. Im sure there has to be a way to trick the trans sensors with resistors but it hasent been proven yet.

Since the auto trans for the tacoma and ls400/sc400 are ressentially the same, you can use the bellhousing from the donor car and then use your stock r154 from your truck and everything driveline related will work as is.

Ask forum member Smitherz, he has done this swap in 2wd and has a thread on this foum with plenty of info and pics. Good luck on the project!

4U2QUIK right, you'll get a check engine light but it will run just fine. Im sure there has to be a way to trick the trans sensors with resistors but it hasent been proven yet.

Since the auto trans for the tacoma and ls400/sc400 are ressentially the same, you can use the bellhousing from the donor car and then use your stock r154 from your truck and everything driveline related will work as is.

Ask forum member Smitherz, he has done this swap in 2wd and has a thread on this foum with plenty of info and pics. Good luck on the project!

My truck is a 2.7L 4cyl, IE it uses a 4x4 verson of the W59. The R154 is the Supra trans right? The 3.4L v6 uses a R150F (the F shows it a 4x4 trans)

From what I have read/seen the Supra trans R154 is very close to the R150. Just tail housing differences and slight gear raitos.

What your saying I can use a 2uz bell housing, a w59 or R150F?

most of the pre 98 engines I've dealt with won't throw any codes if the tranny is gone. Yay.

I believe the 2wd tacoma came with a Wxx series transmission in the 2wd version and a r150f in the 4wd version.

My truck is a 2.7L 4cyl, IE it uses a 4x4 verson of the W59. The R154 is the Supra trans right? The 3.4L v6 uses a R150F (the F shows it a 4x4 trans)

From what I have read/seen the Supra trans R154 is very close to the R150. Just tail housing differences and slight gear raitos.

What your saying I can use a 2uz bell housing, a w59 or R150F?

R154 is the mkiii supra tranny. very close to the r150f which is a 4wd version of that tranny (although it has taller gearing which is odd for a 4x4).

Im not an expert on tacoma swaps but at the worst you might need a bellhousing adapter and modified clutch but they are relatively cheap. Ask forum member 4UZQUIK. he has a site that offers good prices on UZ trans swap components. here's his site:

http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/
he'll need a adaptor plate if he wants to go with either of the manual boxes.

I know a little bit about the v8 truck swaps, but not a whole lot. I mostly know what trannies can be used and what yokes you'll need for your driveshaft. ect ect. Just the mechanics. I couldn't tell you how to mount the engine in one, nor could I tell you how to wire it up.

Well I was planning to upgrade My 99 Tacoma so I could pull My wheeling rig. (87 4runner) however it seems that in my state, no matter the mods, Legally my truck can only tow what the sticker says... aka 3500lbs. I realllly like the idea of a V8 Tacoma. I love my truck, and will have it till long after it is no longer road worthy. I hope before that time comes, It will have a 8cyl in ti, but anytime soon. :(

I believe the 2wd tacoma came with a Wxx series transmission in the 2wd version and a r150f in the 4wd version.

W59 come in both a 2wd and 4wd flavor. The W59 comes behind the 4cyl the R150 comes behind the v6 engines. There are 2wd and 4wd flavors in those also.