Hello Guys, New to this forum.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JDMJNKY

Hey Guys/Gals,

My Name's Joel. A newb to the toyota/lexus cars besides my old ae86 corolla I had back in 09. I signed up because this forum is just packed w/ info. good techs, and knowledge. I definitely hope to suck some up. I'll be looking into info on the following buying a used 98+ 1uz, swapping a 2jgte, and/or rebuilding a 98+ 1uz. Also hoping to learn much more. Just stating my initial points of interests. I hope to meet many good folks along the way.

Regards,
Joel:D

just my ,o2c. Get a pre 94 block and use a 98 ecu and harness.
the early blocks produce less power out of the box, but are capable of handling 2-3x the power of the post 98 engines.

Thanks 4U. I was actually searching in terms of a replacement engine. Would I like to go FI in the future, yes. I love Superchargers, but is it a definite, no. So I am looking into a std setup if it's cost effective.

In my readings I thought the "pre/1g" 1uzs had weaker rods? IIRC.

Now what are the differences between 94 blocks and 98? I'm also in CA and the less worries I have w/ emissions components the better. I'd like to pass smogs legally these days lol.

LOL, I'm in norcal, and i know plenty about smog. as far as I can tall there's no difference in the block. the egr might be different, but you can swap that stuff off of the engine you're replacing.
BTW, I'll be in socal in about 2 1/2 weeks at Toyotafest.

VVTi blocks have an extra oil passage which is needed for the oil driven hydraulic actuators on the cams.

Old style heads will work on a VVTi block if that oil passage is blocked off, but new style VVTi heads will not work on an old block. At least the VVTi part won't work.

VVTi blocks have an extra oil passage which is needed for the oil driven hydraulic actuators on the cams.

Old style heads will work on a VVTi block if that oil passage is blocked off, but new style VVTi heads will not work on an old block. At least the VVTi part won't work.
Older block will work with VVTi heads only if you can get oil into the jets. You can do this by tapping oil from the gallery and run it up to the heads.

It is pretty simple... If you can drill and weld two 1/8 npt bung to front portion the gallery and run two 4 an ss lines into the block where the VVTi head oil sits.

Last edited: