Hello Everyone

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

My1uz75

Hello everyone. My first post of on this forum.

A little about what bring me to this forum. For a few years now I have been a closet fan of the 1UZ motor. A month or so ago I decided that pulling out the old 1HZ diesel and replacing it with a 1UZ would be a great idea (why is it that the other half never thinks that your great idea's are that great?).

Here's a pic of the old girl (not the miss'us the 75 series)
View attachment 5481

So out I went and brought a motor. I was told that the donor vehicle was a crown, all I was interested in was that it wasn't a front sump, which 90 percent of the ones I found seemed to be. The loom on the motor had been cut at the flywheel, at least I'll have all the connectors to make a new one( That will be a day or two of fun). Once I get my ECU, leaning towards the Adaptronic at this stage, I guess that will be my first job to get the motor running.
I plan on running the motor out of the vehicle to prove my knowledge/skills(or lack there of) and to make the actual transplant as short as possible hopefully working out many of the bugs along the way.
Anyway that will do for my first post. I hope to suck you all dry of knowledge..... umm get to know some of you as the project progresses.

Cheers

Viv

well, i hope to suck you dry of knowledge too. and first on that list; what the deuce is this other half your talking about?

also, there is no pic.

Anaema my son, the "other half" is how we marrieds lovingly refer to our spouses or "significant other (SO)". Or if we're feeling particularly benevolent, we may even stretch it to "the better half".

"Old girl", "old lady", "Queen B", etc. are other terms of endearment that are used after the honeymoon is well and truly over.

I can see his pic OK; you can't?

Trouble and strife (wife). Definatly my better half.

Welcome Viv,

I hope to have my Adaptronic running this weekend, very easy to wire up dont worry about the 2" thick core of wires you dont need may of them at all.

I can see the pic no problems.

Hey VIV, good luck on your swap...That Toyota looks light in weight and clean too. Drop in the 1uz-fe and you should motor very well... Do you have the bellhousing adaptor, wiring diagrams, etc..to begin the swap? Is that a manual tranny you are going to connect the 1uz-fe up to?

Hey VIV, good luck on your swap...That Toyota looks light in weight and clean too. Drop in the 1uz-fe and you should motor very well... Do you have the bellhousing adaptor, wiring diagrams, etc..to begin the swap? Is that a manual tranny you are going to connect the 1uz-fe up to?

Jibbby,
I have sourced a bellhousing from the castlemaine rod shop that comes complete with new clucth and slave cylinder, and yes I am keeping the original 5 speed (H55F). I plan on making a new loom and just use the connectors off the cut one that came with the motor. Hopefully should be able to do most of this without a full wiring diag. But if I get stuck then I am sure help won't be to far away from this forum :)

I hope to have my Adaptronic running this weekend, very easy to wire up dont worry about the 2" thick core of wires you dont need may of them at all.

Cobber,
Did you buy your Adaptronic from a local distributor? Have you had any dealings with the company itself and if so how was your experience?

Cheers,

Viv