GX71 final drive gear

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

oldschool

Hi everybody! Not so long ago I purchased a Toyota Chaser GX71 with a factory 1G-GTEU and W58 manual transmission. As you might know, the rear differential in this car is the sturdiest one among all the diffs that this model came with. Keeping in mind that this car will be used for drifting (don't let the car's looks fool you), I have allready welded the differential solid. Also, I will be swapping a 1UZ-FE engine instead of my 1G-GTE soon. I have been drifting for quite a while, and I am pretty sure that the final drive gear will fail sooner or later, and so, considering the fact that I probably won't be able to find another one, my question would be is it possible to fit a final drive gear from a different generation Chaser, perhaps a GX81 or 90? Thanx for your help!

post-2887-003560600%201299426379_thumb.jpg

If you have an F-series diff, you can get another ratio from most Toyota's pre-1985 (Supra, Soarer, Celica, Crown, Cressida)

If you have a G-series diff, you'll be looking at post-1986 (Supra, Soarer, Celsior, Cressida, etc)

The GX71 came with either an F or G series, depending on the year and trim spec.
Look at the build plate to determine what you have (or, at least, what it was released with)