Gt45r

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sefo

hey guys i have come to the conclusion after looking around the site that it has one little problem.... the amount of stupid ideas it get floating around your head after letting myself get carried away with these ideas i thought id start piecing together a single turbo setup for my sc400 so because big is good i went out and brought a GT45R as a starting point as no1 (that i can see) has used one on a 1uz yet. this along with custom headers, pipping, exhaust aswell as the usual waste, bov, fuelpump, pressure reg. as far as ecu goes ive been thinking about the morristech piggyback for starters then maybe a link g3 down the track should be fun and ill keep you posted on progess as i make it

will post pics later on tonight

Looks like a beast of a turbo charger!!

I want to go something similar to this...

With a correctly prepped 1uz, how much power could you make with this turbo..?

Also how much are you expecting and on how much boost?

Just curios, but how much did it cost you and where from?

Judd

haha yea i know its big but hey im keen for a challenge it weighs about 13- 14 kg and is rated to between 1000-1600hp i have no idea what figures ill be making but hey if i kill my engine theres plenty out thea im taking a mongrel approach to this set up and will uprade as i break bits the reason ive gone for this size is the flow a wise man once told me psi kills engines flow is what they love so thats the theory im going with the more air i can flow to the engine the better any turbo can screan its tits off to make 18psi but if it cant match that pressure with flow its no good and hey at the end of the day if this sucker does prove to be to big il sell it on and down grade atleast then i can say i tried :happysad:

I understand your theory mate, I plan on doing my twin turbo setup the same way, slightly oversized turbos, running less boost for more flow and a little more lag, but who cares, torque is there in buckets full. I tell ya, there are so many guys in NZ mucking around with these conversions its amazing

PS NZEFi are having a group buy on the Link G3 ECU right now. They are doing the ECU and harness for $1350 (IIRC) and throwing in a free IAT sensor or the boost solenoid (value around $150 IIRC). So it may not be a bad time to get in on it. Nick is running it all...

yea its a good theory and i made it happen on my silvia but scary to drive there was nothing,nothing,nothing then wham you were tryna steer while pulling yourself 4ward outa the seat haha

that sounds good but not keen to do a link untill i have done a manual conversion which wont be for awhile thats the other point loading it up on the torque converter will get it spooling then your away also using the piggyback allows me to keep the auto without much messing around. have got good knowledgeable guys here in hams aswell who are keen to see it happen gloverman (kalvin) and lowboy (phil) who are mates of mine will probably have a hand in what i do.

That turbo looks a lot like the GT45 turbos I have seen on eBay in the States.

Have you measured the compressor wheel? If it is the same turbo, then it should be around 70mm for the inducer. Am I right?

Jesus Sefton thats a hell of a turbo!!! Hope you are getting the R154 or Gertrag box to handle it??
Here are some pics of the GT45 in the lux when i was sizing things up....below that is the TD08 sitting roughly where i want it to sit.

Image355.jpgImage249.jpg

Attachments

• Image355.jpg
    Image355.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
haha dat looks mean bro youve got a hell of alot more room than me to play with rob said u were up to something, i was down there the other day discusing the easyer ways of doing the manifolds ect will be interesting to compare the setups at meremere wen they finished haha

nah i think your manifolds will be easy dude, just depends if you want to keep the battery under the bonnet or not and if you want the air con. If you move those it free's up the left hand side of the engine a lot.