Giving up on the UZ and going with the 2jz.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jacob

I've been thinking long and hard about it. There's so much custom work involved to do it right and I can't even find a celsior front clip for my life. I have alot of respect for peewee and others like him.

Stuffing a 2jz-gtte into my 91 Cressida won't be much cheaper but it will be easier for a halfwit like me running on mechanical aptitude(spell check would be very cool right about now).

I'm going to call about 8 jdm importers in california and one here in south Florida for a jzx147 aristo 2jz-gtte/auto front clip.

Does anyone know what the average price is for one of these? They never list a price. My guess is they want to see how much money they can get out of you.

I apologize for nonUZ stuff.

Regards,
Jacob

I found one at venus-auto.com 2,500 usd here's the bad news it's 860 to ship the whole thing, but if they send just the engine, tranny, ECU, intercooler, etc., it's still a stiff 690. He's gonna send me pics of it soon. I was thinking if I sell the fenders, bumpers, hood, etc., I could cut the cost of the shipping.

Most of the other sites I called wanted 3500/4000k for the engine/trans/ecu&wiringharness, but no intercooler and accessories.

I'm calling up some more local places to see what I can find. The one down here I did call gets a new container Monday.

BTW I was considering the UZ for it's NA power and it's reliability with that power, but the V8 rumble would have been a very nice plus. And wanted to leave it automatic and didn't like they idea fo waiting for boost to kick in, and that's why I've skipped the 2.5L 1jz all together.

And yeah it was the sleeper that I really want.

I got the pics from venus-auto.
a7-147-1b.jpg

So I guess since there's no body panels to sell I'll opt. for the stripped down shipping for 690usd.

Oh yeah, I meet somepeople with a mk3 supra with a 1jz in it. They had a friend wire it up for 600usd. Does that sound reasonable, because it sounds kinda to me. Then agian I don't have a clue.

The reason I ask is the same guy is dropping a 2jz-gtte into his mk3 and I was thinking after he's ginipigged his own car he'll have no problems with mine.

Do you think hed be interested in donating his leftover 1JZ to a fellow mark 3 owner?
How different are the looms/engine mounts etc between the 1jz and 2jz?
Woiuldnt it be a fairly simple swap for him?

Logan

I doubt he would donate,
(he charges his friends who are also mk3 owners 600 dollars to wire their cars up)
he'll probably sell it to you cheap cause it has no turbo's. He had a single turbo conversion on the 1jz and he's just transfering it to the 2jz(this is what they've told me so... you know). I'm gonna see them agian this friday. So i'll know better by then.

I will post on the 2jz forum so I don't waste anymore space here.

Thank you moderators for their patience.

jacob said:
[/b]he'll probably sell it to you cheap cause it has no turbo's. He had a single turbo conversion on the 1jz and he's just transfering it to the 2jz(this is what they've told me so... you know). I'm gonna see them agian this friday. So i'll know better by then.

Seeing as I dont live anywhere near "klhfakfal" I doubt it would be very cheap to get the engine sent here (N.Z.)
But you never know :twisted:

Logan