getting her running

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZGUNNER

So I have a 92-93 JDM sc400 motor (no EGR), a harness from a US sc400 and a US ECM that I got from a salvage yard.

My question is what would be the easiest way to get it running. Can I get the EPROM re done in the stock ECM to eliminate the EGR and any other sensors that aren’t mandatory? Or should I go with a megasquirt system and what one?

I feel confident I could handle the megasquirt myself but don’t know if it would be the best route? And can it adapt to the temp changes in New England?

thanks

i don't need anything special.

i would like to add a supercharger in the future soo a ecm that would be capable of doing that would be nice.

there is no feedbck to the ecu for egr so no problem in just blanking it off.
Go aftermarket ecu.

i was looking around and those stand alone ecu's are allot of money. is there any cheeper route?

i don't need anything special.

i would like to add a supercharger in the future soo a ecm that would be capable of doing that would be nice.

Congratulations, your well on the way to having a hand grenade motor...

if you cheap out on engine control and then want to add a blower you need to read up more on other peoples experiences and decide if modifying cars is realistically within your budget, the road your on is just going to cause grief and loss of the money you do have.

ok well i guess for now i can try to just get the stock ecu running.

but then is there a way to i get rid of the cats and 02's?

what would i need to get it going? i know i need to buy a mass air flow meter

Yes you need o2 sensors to run properly.
No you don't need cats if no emissions required
Yes you will need a MAF

The hardest part is finding a flux capacitor but these quite often come up on ebay.

Yes you need o2 sensors to run properly.
No you don't need cats if no emissions required
Yes you will need a MAF

The hardest part is finding a flux capacitor but these quite often come up on ebay.

lol well i guess ill just start throwin it together

just go do it...

nothing like getting hands dirty to learn..(keep eyes open for a spare engine though.lol..)

There is nothing wrong with Megasquirt man. Don't listen to nay-sayers. It is a very competent system and no standalone can compete with its bang-for-buck. After experiencing what happens to these ECUs with age, I would never put a stock 1UZ ECU to use.

ecu wiring..

Hi gloverman
Sorry to hijack this thread.. Gloverman I have a 92 ecu and a cut loom that I want to run using a manual gearbox.. I have been told that a shielded wire needs replacing.. But the ecu checks out OK
I was wondering if I sent you these parts could you wire up so that I can install onto the motor and run on a test stand..?
Just wondering what it might cost..?
I own a CNC machining centre so if you needed any parts maybe we could come to an arrangement..

Cheers Craig